Wei Yen Lim
Affiliation: Ministry of Health
- Trends in alcohol consumption in Singapore 1992 2004Wei Yen Lim
Epidemiology and Disease Control Division, Ministry of Health Singapore, 16 College Road, College of Medicine Building, Singapore 169854, Singapore
Alcohol Alcohol 42:354-61. 2007..To present trends in alcohol consumption between 1992 and 2004 in Singapore...
- Utility values and myopia in medical students in SingaporeWei Yen Lim
Ministry of Health, College of Medicine Building, Singapore
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 33:598-603. 2005..In this paper, utility values of myopic medical students in Singapore were ascertained as a first step to deriving weights for quality adjustment in future cost-effectiveness studies of such technologies...
- Gender, ethnicity, health behaviour & self-rated health in SingaporeWei Yen Lim
Epidemiology and Disease Control Division, Ministry of Health Singapore, Singapore
BMC Public Health 7:184. 2007..Self-rated health and the factors that influence it have never been described in Singapore before. This paper presents a descriptive study of self-rated health in a nationally representative cross-sectional survey of 6236 persons...
- HIV in Singapore--past, present, and futureJeffery L Cutter
AIDS Task Force, Singapore
AIDS Educ Prev 16:110-8. 2004..A better understanding of sexual networks among men who have sex with men will enable more effective intervention programs for this group. Fresh innovative approaches are needed to encourage safe sex practices and early screening...
- Lifetime and twelve-month prevalence of heavy-drinking in Singapore: results from a representative cross-sectional studyWei Yen Lim
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore and National University Health System, MD3, 16 Medical Drive, S 117597, Singapore, Singapore
BMC Public Health 13:992. 2013....
- Diabetes mellitus prevalence is increasing in South Asians but is stable in Chinese living in Singapore and MauritiusKristin H X Tan
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore and National University Health System, Singapore, Singapore
J Diabetes . 2016..We compared diabetes and obesity prevalence trends among Chinese and South Asians living in Singapore and Mauritius to determine the contribution of ethnicity and economic development to diabetes...
- Female reproductive factors, gene polymorphisms in the estrogen metabolism pathway, and risk of lung cancer in Chinese womenWei Yen Lim
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Am J Epidemiol 175:492-503. 2012..G/G, OR = 1.46, 95% CI: 1.12, 1.90) but not in ever smokers. No associations were seen with other polymorphisms. These results support a risk-enhancing role of estrogens in lung carcinogenesis among never smokers...