- "Diminished" association between the serotonin transporter linked polymorphism (5HTTLPR) and body mass index in a large psychiatric sample
Sioux Falls VA Health Care System, Sioux Falls, SD, USA
J Affect Disord 151:397-400. 2013
..The 5HTTLPR short allele was found to be associated with increased body mass index and obesity risk among the general population. No data is available to support generalizability of such association among psychiatric population...
- HTR2A gene-child abuse interaction and association with a history of suicide attempt among Caucasian depressed psychiatric inpatients
Department of Psychiatry, University of South Dakota, Sioux Falls, SD 57106, USA
J Affect Disord 150:1200-3. 2013
..We examined if there are similar gene-environment interaction with the SNP...
- State dependent gene-environment interaction: serotonin transporter gene-child abuse interaction associated with suicide attempt history among depressed psychiatric inpatients
Department of Psychiatry, University of South Dakota, Sioux Falls, SD 57106, United States
J Affect Disord 147:373-8. 2013
..The serotonin transporter gene polymorphism (5HTTLPR) and child abuse history have been associated with an increased suicide risk for general population, but such association is not clear among psychiatric depressed inpatients...
- Investigation of serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4) by child abuse history interaction with body mass index and diabetes mellitus of White female depressed psychiatric inpatients
Department of Psychiatry, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Psychiatr Genet 22:109-14. 2012
..This time, we extended our investigation to other outcomes with body mass index (BMI), and diabetes mellitus (DM) diagnosis...
- The integrated model of serotonin transporter gene variation (5HTTLPR) and the glial cell transporter in stress vulnerability and depression
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, United States
Med Hypotheses 78:410-4. 2012
- Serotonin transporter gene promotor polymorphism (5-HTTLPR) associations with number of psychotropic medication trials in a tertiary care outpatient psychiatric consultation practice
James R Rundell
Dept of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Psychosomatics 52:147-53. 2011
..The authors tested the hypothesis that the short allele of 5-HTTLPR is associated with number of psychotropic medication trials as a measure of treatment-resistance or intolerance in psychosomatic medicine (PM) outpatients...
- A new interaction between SLC6A4 variation and child abuse is associated with resting heart rate
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:227-33. 2011
..A child abuse history has also been associated with more rapid heart rate reactions...
- Relationship between FKBP5 polymorphisms and depression symptoms among kidney transplant recipients
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:1111-8. 2011
- Does 5HTTLPR long allele prevent hospitalization? Test of Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium
aDepartment of Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa bDepartment of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Psychiatr Genet 24:34-6. 2014
..There was no departure from Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium with any of these samples. We also compared 5HTTLPR genotype prevalence between 925 inpatients and 201 outpatients, which showed no statistically significant difference. ..
- Pharmacogenomic testing in a tertiary care outpatient psychosomatic medicine practice
James R Rundell
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Psychosomatics 52:141-6. 2011
..No guidelines currently exist for cost-effective use of PGT in PM practice...
- CYP2C19 variation, not citalopram dose nor serum level, is associated with QTc prolongation
Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Psychopharmacol 28:1143-8. 2014
..However, PM of the drug tended to have longer QTc intervals. Our findings suggest cytochrome P450 genotyping in select patients may be helpful to guide medication optimization while limiting harmful effects. ..
- Relationship of genetic variation in the serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4) and congenital and acquired cardiovascular diseases
Ann M Moyer
1 Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 19:115-23. 2015
..0366) and abnormal cardiac study (0.0311). Overall, these results represent a step toward the understanding of the impact of SLC6A4 variation on cardiovascular pathology. ..
- Sexual abuse and lifetime diagnosis of psychiatric disorders: systematic review and meta-analysis
Laura P Chen
Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:618-29. 2010
..To systematically assess the evidence for an association between sexual abuse and a lifetime diagnosis of psychiatric disorders...
- Treatment outcomes of depression: the pharmacogenomic research network antidepressant medication pharmacogenomic study
David A Mrazek
From the Departments of Psychiatry and Psychology, and Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York Presbyterian Allen Hospital, New York, NY US Department of Defense, Department of Behavioral Health, Heidelberg, Germany Department of Psychiatry, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa, IA and Departments of Information Technology, and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
J Clin Psychopharmacol 34:313-7. 2014
..The effectiveness of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) is controversial...