- Alzheimer's disease and HIV associated dementia related genes: I. location and function
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Bioinformation 2:348-57. 2008
..Identifying a correlation among expression, structure, and function of genes involved in pathogenesis of these dementing disorders, may assist to understand better their interaction with each other and the human genome...
- Molecular epigenetics, chromatin, and NeuroAIDS/HIV: translational implications
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine, Departments of Internal Medicine and of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, University of South Florida Health, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Bioinformation 3:53-7. 2008
..We discuss the application of the recent recursive algorithm of biology to this field and propose to synthesize the Genomic and Epigenomic views into a holistic approach of HoloGenomics...
- Systems analysis of human brain gene expression: mechanisms for HIV-associated neurocognitive impairment and common pathways with Alzheimer's disease
Andrew J Levine
Department of Neurology, National Neurological AIDS Bank, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Med Genomics 6:4. 2013
..Additionally, we compare these data to those derived from brains of individuals with Alzheimer's disease (AD) in order to identify common pathways of neuropathogenesis...
- The influenza pandemic of 2009: lessons and implications
Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Internal Medicine, Tampa General Hospital, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 15:63-81. 2011
..Immediate identification of impending epidemic and pandemic strains, as well as sustained vigilance and collaboration, demonstrate continued success in combating influenza...
- Molecular and contextual markers of hepatitis C virus and drug abuse
Division of Infectious Disease and International Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Tampa General Hospital, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 13:153-79. 2009
..In this review, we discuss recent findings concerning the impact of drug abuse, epidemiology, social behavior, virology, immunopathology, and genetics on HCV infection and the course of disease...
- Psychiatric implications of hepatitis-C infection
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Research in Psychiatry Neuroimmunology Laboratory, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Crit Rev Neurobiol 19:79-118. 2007
..These comorbidities have significant effects on both treatments and outcomes, and thus are reviewed herein...
- Bioinformatics models in drug abuse and Neuro-AIDS: Using and developing databases
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami Miller Medical School, Miami, FL, USA
Bioinformation 1:86-8. 2006
..A workflow of this database is also outlined in this paper...
- Increased density of neurons containing NADPH diaphorase and nitric oxide synthase in the cerebral cortex of patients with HIV-1 infection and drug abuse
Rodrigo O Kuljis
Deparment of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL, USA
J NeuroAIDS 2:19-36. 2002