- White Nights
Department of Family Medicine, Central District, Clalit Health Service, Rehovot, Israel Department of Family Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Ann Fam Med 14:79-80. 2016
..This essay recounts my experience as a physician in coping with an extremely anxious patient, its influence on me, and some of my reflections on the ensuing white nights. ..
- The second generation and asthma: Prevalence of asthma among Israeli born children of Ethiopian origin
Department of Family Medicine Central District, Clalit Health Service, Israel
Respir Med 107:519-23. 2013
..We compared the prevalence of asthma among Israeli born children of Ethiopian origin to that in non-Ethiopian children...
- [Family physicians attitude towards quality indicator program]
Department of Family Medicine Central District, Clalit Health Services, Israel
Harefuah 151:589-91, 604. 2012
..Quality indicator programs for primary care are implanted throughout the world improving quality in health care. In this study, we have assessed family physicians attitudes towards the quality indicators program in Israel...
- Is rosiglitazone use associated with an increase in intensive eye treatment in diabetic patients? A community based study
Department of Family Medicine Central District, Clalit Health Service, Israel
Eur J Gen Pract 17:205-9. 2011
..To evaluate the effect of rosiglitazone on diabetic retinopathy in the usual care setting...
- Characteristics of diabetics with poor glycemic control who achieve good control
Department of Family Medicine, Central District, Clalit Health Service, Rehovot, Israel
J Am Board Fam Med 21:490-6. 2008
..To find the characteristics of diabetics with poorly controlled diabetes that became well controlled compared with the patients with poorly controlled diabetes that remained poorly controlled...
- Achieving target cholesterol levels in diabetic patients: potency of the statin or potency of the physician?
Department of Family Medicine, Clalit Health Services, Central District, Rehovot, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:354-7. 2008
..The introduction of more potent statins such as atorvastatin and rosuvastatin in Israel was accompanied by massive advertising about their superiority...
- Patient characteristics correlated with quality indicator outcomes in diabetes care
Department of Family Medicine, Clalit Health Service, Israel
Br J Gen Pract 60:655-9. 2010
..Quality indicators were adopted to compare quality of care across health systems...
- Adherence with statins over 8 years in a usual care setting
Department of Family Medicine, Tel Aviv University, POB 14238, Ashdod 77042, Israel
Am J Manag Care 14:388-92. 2008
..To describe adherence with statin treatment in a usual practice setting and to investigate potential determinants of better adherence...
- [Attitudes of family physicians to influenza vaccination after a cluster of deaths that were initially attributed to the vaccination]
Department of Family Medicine, Central District, Clalit Health Service, Rishon Lezion, Israel
Harefuah 147:947-9, 1032. 2008
..We postulated that this event affected family physicians who usually recommend vaccination, and caused a change in their prescribing behavior...
- [Has the time come to adopt consultation time as a new technology for "the basket"? A literature review of the relations between consultation duration and consultation quality in primary care]
Department of Family Medicine, Central District, Clalit Health Services, Rishon Le Zion
Harefuah 147:1016-20, 1026. 2008
- [Impact of living in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip on chronic disease among the Jewish population]
Eliezer l Kitai
Department of Family Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv
Harefuah 147:774-6, 838-9. 2008
..To assess chronic physical morbidity in the terror-prone Jewish population of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip (WBGS)...
- Low clinical utility of folate determinations in primary care setting
Family Medicine, Tel Aviv University, P O 14238, Ashdod, 77042, Israel
Am J Manag Care 19:e100-5. 2013
..3% of the 43,176 tests ordered were below the norm (5.6 nmol/L)...
- High Normal Uric Acid Levels Are Associated with an Increased Risk of Diabetes in Lean, Normoglycemic Healthy Women
Chief Physician s Office and Department of Family Medicine Central District M S, S V, Clalit Health Services, Israel Sackler School of Medicine M S, S V, M L, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Nephrology and Hypertension Institute D D, E J H, A L, Sheba Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Gan, Israel 52653 Department of Medicine B, The Dr Pinchas Bornstein Talpiot Medical Leadership Program G T, Sheba Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Israel Defense Forces Medical Corps, Military Track of Medicine, The Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine G T, A L, Ein Kerem Campus, Jerusalem, Israel and Department of Medicine and Medical Education A L, Mt Auburn Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02115
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 101:3772-3778. 2016
..The risk associated with serum uric acid (SUA) levels within the normal range is unknown, especially among lean and apparently healthy adults...
- Effect of arteriovenous hemodialysis shunt location on cardiac events in patients having coronary artery bypass graft using an internal thoracic artery
Nephrology Department, Internal Medicine Department, Vascular Surgery Department, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ther Apher Dial 18:450-4. 2014
..43 [95% CI, 0.64 to 9.17], P = 0.191). The ipsilateral location of a CABG with the use of ITA and upper extremity AV hemodialysis shunt may be associated with increased risk of cardiac events...
- Obstructive sleep apnea and cardiovascular comorbidities: a large epidemiologic study
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva HG, IB, ES, GB Sackler Faculty of Medicine HG, IB, GB Department of Family Medicine, Sackler School of Medicine SV, MS, Tel Aviv University Chief Physician Office, Clalit Health Services SV, Tel Aviv and Department of Family Medicine, Central District, Clalit Health Services, Rishon Le Zion MS, Israel
Medicine (Baltimore) 93:e45. 2014
..We suggest that sleep disordered breathing should be routinely assessed in patients with cardiovascular problems. An ear-nose-throat evaluation may also be important to rule out anatomic disorders that cause upper airway obstruction. ..
- Predicting type 2 diabetes mellitus using haemoglobin A1c: a community-based historic cohort study
Department of Family Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Gen Pract 20:100-6. 2014
..The ADA 2010 guidelines added HbA1c ≥ 6.5% as a criterion for diagnosing diabetes mellitus type 2...
- N-acetylcysteine may improve residual renal function in hemodialysis patients: a pilot study
Nephrology Division, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Hemodial Int 16:512-6. 2012
..12 to 0.29 ± 0.14 (P < 0.01), and residual GFR increased from 1.6 ± 1.6 to 2.4 ± 2.3 mL/minute/1.73 m(2) (P < 0.01). N-acetylcysteine may improve RRF in patients treated with chronic hemodialysis...
- [The untold story--the stories of Ethiopian women]
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Harefuah 147:975-7, 1030. 2008
..They presented many different complaints, with no medical explanations. Their stories illuminate personal, social and cultural concepts which characterize these women...
- Effect of timing of the first cannulation on survival of arteriovenous hemodialysis grafts
Nephrology Department, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Ther Apher Dial 17:60-4. 2013
..In our study, timing of the first cannulation of a new arteriovenous polytetrafluoroethylene graft had no significant impact on graft survival...
- [Breastfeeding characteristics and reasons to stop breastfeeding]
Kiryat Moshe Clinic, Rehovot
Harefuah 142:426-8, 486. 2003
..Decision making concerning breastfeeding is a complicated process with many variables influencing the decision to breastfeed or not...