Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Clinical Center of Serbia
Country: Serbia and Montenegro
- Clinical indicators of biochemical remission in acromegaly: does incomplete disease control always mean therapeutic failure?Svetozar S Damjanovic
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Diseases of Metabolism, Dr Subotica 13, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:410-7. 2005..We investigate whether various biochemical outcomes after transsphenoidal pituitary surgery (TSS) in these patients are associated with clinically relevant differences in cardiac performance, insulin resistance and body composition...
- Cardiovascular risk in adolescent and young adult obese females with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)D Macut
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Diseases of Metabolism, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:1353-59; discussion 1365. 2001..It seems that the youngest obese population with PCOS represents a cohort with potential cardiovascular disease in adulthood...
- Oxidised low-density lipoprotein concentration - early marker of an altered lipid metabolism in young women with PCOSDjuro Macut
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Dr Subotica 13, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Endocrinol 155:131-6. 2006..This study examined the variations in oxidised low-density lipoprotein (OxLDL) concentration in relation to insulin levels in young women with PCOS...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis hypersensitivity and glucocorticoid receptor expression and function in women with polycystic ovary syndromeD Vojnović Milutinović
Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 119:636-43. 2011....
- Cardiac Nitric Oxide Synthases and Na⁺/K⁺-ATPase in the Rat Model of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Induced by DihydrotestosteroneS Tepavcevic
Laboratory for Molecular Biology and Endocrinology, Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 123:303-7. 2015..Regarding the importance of NO production and sodium/potassium transport in the cardiac contraction and blood flow regulation, it implicates strong consequences of PCOS for heart functioning...
- Insulin resistance in non-obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome: relation to byproducts of oxidative stressD Macut
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 119:451-5. 2011..Hence, presence of insulin resistance, hyperinsulinemia and oxidative damage are likely to accelerate slow development of cardiovascular disease in PCOS...
- Cardiovascular risk factors and events in women with androgen excessD Macut
Clinic of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Dr Subotica 13, 11000, Belgrade, Serbia
J Endocrinol Invest 38:295-301. 2015..It is assumed relation of OCs containing antiandrogenic progestins to the increased risk of cardiovascular and thromboembolic events...
- Indices of insulin sensitivity, beta cell function and serum proinsulin levels in the polycystic ovary syndromeDimitrios Panidis
Division of Endocrinology and Human Reproduction, Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 127:99-105. 2006....
- Prolonged psychological stress suppresses cortisol secretionMilos Zarkovic
Institute of Endocrinology, Belgrade, Serbia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 59:811-6. 2003..Response to acute psychological stress is characterized by activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and the sympathetic nervous system. However, response to the prolonged psychological stress is less well known...
- Lipid and lipoprotein profile in women with polycystic ovary syndromeDjuro Macut
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Dr Subotica 13, Belgrade 11000, Serbia
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 86:199-204. 2008..Elevated OxLDL and the relation of apoE and nonesterified fatty acids with insulin resistance suggest that women with PCOS are at increased risk for premature atherosclerosis...
- Intracardiac thrombosis and fever possibly triggered by ovulation induction in a patient with antiphospholipid antibodiesSladjana Andrejevic
Institute of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Scand J Rheumatol 31:249-51. 2002..She had two miscarriages and one preterm delivery. Intracardiac thrombosis was diagnosed in the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies. We suggest that primary antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) was possibly triggered by OI...
- Conductive hearing loss in patients with active acromegalyBorivoj B Babic
Institute of Otorhinolaryngology and Maxillofacial Surgery, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrande, Serbia
Otol Neurotol 27:865-70. 2006..Our goal was to determine whether there is higher frequency of conductive hearing loss in acromegalics and what may cause it if there is any...