- The effects of hormone replacement therapy on postmenopausal breast cancer biology and survival
Stephen F Sener
Department of Surgery and the Center on Outcomes Research and Education, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Surg 197:403-7. 2009
..The goal of this study was to compare the characteristics of breast cancers and survival rates in HRT users versus nonusers...
- Survival rates for breast cancers detected in a community service screening mammogram program
Stephen F Sener
Department of Surgery, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Am J Surg 191:406-9. 2006
..This single-institution long-term prospective study was performed in the setting of community service screening mammography to evaluate the association between the methods of breast cancer detection and survival rates...
- Sentinel node biopsy alone for node-positive breast cancer: 12-year experience at a single institution
Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60201, USA
J Am Coll Surg 213:122-8; discussion 128-9. 2011
..Complete node dissection for a tumor-positive sentinel node (SN) is becoming more controversial. We report our institution's 12-year experience with sentinel node biopsy (SNB) alone for a tumor-positive SN...
- Treatment trends and factors associated with survival in T1aN0 and T1bN0 breast cancer patients
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2918-27. 2007
..Our objectives were to evaluate trends in the surgical management and adjuvant therapy for early-stage breast cancer and to identify factors predicting survival...
- Axillary recurrence after sentinel node biopsy
Jacqueline Sara Jeruss
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:34-40. 2005
..This technique is accurate for surgical staging of axillary nodal disease. We hypothesized that axillary recurrence after SNB is rare and that SNB may provide regional control in patients with microscopic nodal involvement...
- Failure of sentinel lymph node mapping in patients with breast cancer
Stephen F Sener
Department of Surgery, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 2650 Ridge, Burch 106, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Am Coll Surg 198:732-6. 2004
..This study was conducted to evaluate the potential associations of patient and tumor characteristics with the lymphatic mapping failure rate...
- Effect of hospital volume on margin status after pancreaticoduodenectomy for cancer
Karl Y Bilimoria
Cancer Programs, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Am Coll Surg 207:510-9. 2008
..Our objective was to evaluate the effect of hospital pancreatectomy volume on margin status...
- Assessment of pancreatic cancer care in the United States based on formally developed quality indicators
Karl Y Bilimoria
Cancer Programs, American College of Surgeons, 633 N St Clair St, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:848-59. 2009
..However, valid quality indicators are not currently available for pancreatic cancer management, and a composite assessment of the quality of pancreatic cancer care in the United States has not been done...
- I-123-guided excision of metastatic papillary thyroid cancer
Department of Surgery, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:173-5. 2007
..The technique raises the issue of whether nonpalpable regional node recurrences should be locally excised, removed in a formal modified neck dissection, or treated with therapeutic doses of I-131...
- Patient satisfaction with nipple-sparing mastectomy: A prospective study of patient reported outcomes using the BREAST-Q
Michael A Howard
Division of Plastic Surgery, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, Illinois
J Surg Oncol 114:416-22. 2016
..The authors sought to study patient-reported outcomes following nipple-sparing mastectomy (NSM)...
- Psychological impact of recall in high-risk breast MRI screening
Suzanne M O'Neill
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 115:365-71. 2009
..To address the widespread concern that false-positive results during breast MRI screening may have adverse psychological effects...
- Coil embolization of a lumbar artery to control vascular injury during intradiscal surgery
Eldin E Karaikovic
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, North Shore University Health Systems, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:E163-6. 2010
- Upstaging of atypical ductal hyperplasia after vacuum-assisted 11-gauge stereotactic core needle biopsy
David J Winchester
Department of Surgery, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, Ill 60201, USA
Arch Surg 138:619-22; discussion 622-3. 2003
..The objective of this study was to determine the correlation of the 11-gauge vacuum-assisted core needle biopsy to open biopsy when a diagnosis of ADH is obtained...