- Comparison of Preoperative Diets Before Bariatric Surgery: a Randomized, Single-Blinded, Non-inferiority Trial
Department of Surgery, MC Zuiderzee, Ziekenhuisweg 100, 8233 AA, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 26:1743-9. 2016
..However, some diets are poorly tolerated by patients and this can lead to low compliance and too little weight loss. In this study, we aim to compare two preoperative diets in order to find the most suitable for this patient population...
- Is there a relation between number of adjustments and results after gastric banding?
Bariatric Centre Lievensberg Hospital, Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands Electronic address
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:908-12. 2013
..However, it is unknown if this is purely because of a lack of band adjustments. The aim of this study was to study the relation between number of adjustments and results...
- Prevalence and risk factors of urinary incontinence and bladder retention in gastric bypass surgery: a cross-sectional study
Bariatric Centre Lievensberg Hospital, Boerhaaveplein 7, 4624 VT, Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 23:760-3. 2013
..Preoperative risk factors for developing this kind of complications could not be identified...
- Laparoscopic sleeve resection of a recurrent gastric cascade: a case report
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:307-10. 2007
..In this paper, we summarize the literature findings on gastric cascade and report on a new treatment option: the laparoscopic gastric sleeve resection...
- Influence of reoperations on long-term quality of life after restrictive procedures: a prospective study
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medical Centre Parkstad, P O Box 4446, 6401, CX, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 21:871-9. 2011
..Postoperative quality of life is mainly dependent on weight loss and decrease in comorbidities and not on the type of procedure or surgical complications...
- Long-term results of bariatric restrictive procedures: a prospective study
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medical Centre, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 20:1617-26. 2010
..Results of the re-operations are good with sustained weight loss and reduction in comorbidities. However, in order to achieve these results, a durable and complete follow-up after restrictive procedures is imperative...
- A multicenter, randomized efficacy study of the EndoBarrier Gastrointestinal Liner for presurgical weight loss prior to bariatric surgery
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medical Centre Parkstad, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 251:236-43. 2010
..The endoscopically placed duodenal-jejunal bypass sleeve or EndoBarrier Gastrointestinal Liner has been designed to achieve weight loss in morbidly obese patients. We report on the first European experience with this device...
- Salvage banding for failed Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
Guy H E J Vijgen
Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Surg Obes Relat Dis 8:803-8. 2012
..The objective of this literature review is to provide an overview of the studies that report the effect of salvage banding after failed RYGB...
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass as revisional procedure after gastric banding: leaving the band in place
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medisch Centrum Parkstad, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Surg Obes Relat Dis 8:717-22. 2012
..The band was kept in place. Our objective was to evaluate the safety and short-term effectiveness of RYGB after failed LAGB, without removing the band. The setting was a large teaching hospital in Heerlen, The Netherlands...
- Conversion of vertical banded gastroplasty to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass results in restoration of the positive effect on weight loss and co-morbidities: evaluation of 101 patients
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 17:622-30. 2007
..However, the re-operation rate after this operation is high. In the case of VBG failure, a conversion to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) is an option. A study was undertaken to evaluate the results of the conversion from VBG to RYGBP...
- [EndoBarrier for counteracting obesity and metabolic syndrome]
Froukje J Verdam
Maastricht Universitair Medisch Centrum, afd Chirurgie, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A3844. 2012
..Concomitant positive effects on cardiovascular risk factors including diabetes type 2 were observed. A multicentre trial is currently being executed in order to unravel the mechanism behind these effects...
- An update on less invasive and endoscopic techniques mimicking the effect of bariatric surgery
Froukje J Verdam
Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Obes 2012:597871. 2012
..The aim of this paper is to discuss the safety, efficacy, complications, reversibility, and long-term results of these latest developments in the treatment of obesity...