- The effect of pneumatic tube system on complete blood count parameters and thrombocyte donation in healthy donors
Department of Hematology, Pamukkale University, Faculty of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 47:81-3. 2012
..Therefore, all healthy volunteers decided as a donor according to the laboratory results independent from transport method...
- Therapeutic plasma exchange in amitriptyline intoxication: case report and review of the literature
Pamukkale University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Hematology, Therapeutic Apheresis Unit, Denizli, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 45:183-5. 2011
..Due to high plasma protein binding property of amitriptyline, plasma exchange therapy should be considered in cases of severe amitriptyline intoxication as a life saving therapeutic modality...
- Hyperuricemia and its related factors in an urban population, Izmir, Turkey
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Romatoloji Bilim Dali, Balcova, 35340, Izmir, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 29:869-74. 2009
..Hyperuricemia is significantly predicted by anthropometric measure of SFT which is a simple clinical screening method along with creatinine levels...
- Body composition, insulin, and leptin levels in patients with ankylosing spondylitis
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 26:1427-32. 2007
..Insulin levels and insulin resistance indices seem similar in patients and controls in the absence of classic vascular risk factors...
- Is there a difference between the allergic potencies of the iron sucrose and low molecular weight iron dextran?
Department of Nephrology, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Ren Fail 29:423-6. 2007
..The objectives of the present trial were to compare the side effects and safety of two intravenous iron preparations (iron-dextran, iron-sucrose) in patients with end stage renal disease...
- Osteopoikilosis coexistent with ankylosing spondylitis and familial Mediterranean fever
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Gulhane Military School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 29:321-3. 2009
..We report a rare case of OPK coexistent with ankylosing spondylitis and FMF. The patient presented multiple sclerotic lesions within and around the sacroiliac joints and a series of radiological diagnostic challenges...
- Increased levels of asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) in patients with ankylosing spondylitis
Department of Internal Medicine, Izmir Bozyaka Training and Research Hospital, Turkey
Intern Med 48:1363-8. 2009
..However, the etiology of events is still unclear. The aim of the present study was to investigate whether there are abnormalities in nitric oxide (NO) metabolism and endothelin-1 (ET-1) in AS patients...
- Fetuin-A and interleukin-18 levels in ankylosing spondylitis
Department of Internal Medicine, Izmir Bozyaka Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Rheum Dis 13:75-81. 2010
..Preliminary evidence suggests that ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is associated with an increased risk of atherosclerosis. The aim of the present study was to investigate possible abnormalities in IL-18 and fetuin-A levels in AS...
- The effect of gradual increment in rhG-CSF dose on stem cell yields in patients with multiple myeloma mobilized with intermediate dose cyclophosphamide plus rhG-CSF
Pamukkale University, Faculty of Medicine, Fahri Goksin Oncology Center, Department of Hematology, Therapeutic Apheresis Unit, TR 20070 Denizli, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 50:71-4. 2014
..In conclusion, our regimen might be used to decrease the mobilization failure regarding the low dose rhG-CSF use and provide a cost effective strategy...
- Evaluation of inflammation and oxidative stress in ankylosing spondylitis: a role for macrophage migration inhibitory factor
Leyla Didem Kozaci
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Adnan Menderes Universitesi Bilim ve Teknoloji Araştirma ve Uygulama Merkezi ADU BILTEM, 09100, Aydin, Turkey
Mod Rheumatol 20:34-9. 2010
..001). Based on these results, MIF may be involved in the pathogenesis of the chronic inflammation in AS and, consequently, targeting MIF may be beneficial in preventing complications or in initiating early treatment of the disease...
- Intensive menstrual bleeding successfully treated with recombinant factor VIIa in Glanzmann thrombasthenia
Yasemin Isik Balci
Denizli State Hospital, Denizli, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 17:320-2. 2011
..To our knowledge, there is no study or reported case in the literature reporting successful use of rFVIIa in a patient with excessive menstrual bleeding due to GT...
- Frequency of pulmonary hypertension in asymptomatic β-thalassemia major patients and the role of physiological parameters in evaluation
Department of Pulmonology, Pamukkale University, Faculty of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:597-607. 2010
..In conclusion, PHT was frequent among TM patients even they were asymptomatic and although PFT results has shown lack of association, it should be investigated in larger population...
- Severe metformin intoxication treated with prolonged haemodialyses and plasma exchange
Department of Emergency Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Eur J Emerg Med 16:11-3. 2009
..Biguanides pose a significant risk of morbidity, mortality and permanent sequelae secondary to prolonged periods of hypoglycaemia...
- Disturbance of pro-oxidative/antioxidative balance in allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
Department of Hematology, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, TR 20070, Denizli, Turkey
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:120-5. 2008
..This study documents a significant disturbance of pro-oxidative/antioxidative balance in the plasma of patients undergoing allogeneic HSCT regardless of the intensity of the conditioning regimen...