Affiliation: Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
- Molecular epidemiology of cancerD G Zaridze
Research Institute of Carcinogenesis, Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow 115478, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 73:532-42. 2008....
- Alcohol and mortality in Russia: prospective observational study of 151,000 adultsDavid Zaridze
Russian Cancer Research Centre, Moscow, Russia Electronic address
Lancet 383:1465-73. 2014..We now seek prospective evidence of these associations...
- Risk of leukaemia after chemotherapy in a case-control study in MoscowD G Zaridze
Department of Epidemiology, Cancer Research Center RAMS, Moscow, Russian Federation
Br J Cancer 67:347-50. 1993..57, P < 0.05). Despite the small number of cases and potential confounding by other agents, these findings, together with those of previous studies, suggest that some non-alkylating agents may predispose to second malignancies...
- Cancer mortality among female and male workers occupationally exposed to inorganic lead in the printing industrySvetlana A Ilychova
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Russian N N Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Occup Environ Med 69:87-92. 2012..The present study follows an industrial cohort of workers, mostly women, with moderate lead exposure and no confounding by other occupational exposures...
- Alcohol and cause-specific mortality in Russia: a retrospective case-control study of 48,557 adult deathsDavid Zaridze
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, N N Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Centre, Moscow, Russia
Lancet 373:2201-14. 2009..Our case-control study investigated the effects of alcohol consumption on male and female cause-specific mortality...
- Alcohol poisoning is a main determinant of recent mortality trends in Russia: evidence from a detailed analysis of mortality statistics and autopsiesDavid Zaridze
Russian N N Blokhin Cancer Research Centre, Kashirskoye shosse 24, 115478 Moscow, Russia
Int J Epidemiol 38:143-53. 2009..Although these fluctuations have attracted much interest, trends for major groups of causes of death have been analysed while trends in specific causes of death might shed light on the underlying determinants...
- Russian mortality trends for 1991-2001: analysis by cause and regionTamara Men
Institute of Carcinogenesis, Cancer Research Centre, Kashirskoye shosse 24, 115478 Moscow, Russia
BMJ 327:964. 2003..To investigate trends in Russian mortality for 1991-2001 with particular reference to trends since the Russian economic crisis in 1998 and to geographical differences within Russia...
- No association between global DNA methylation in peripheral blood and lung cancer risk in nonsmoking women: results from a multicenter study in Eastern and Central EuropeAnn Davis
aDepartment of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas bInstitute for Translational Epidemiology cDepartment of Community and Preventive Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York, USA dInternational Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France eInstitute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Prague fDepartment of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Masaryk Cancer Institute and Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Brno gDepartment of Preventive Medicine, Palacky University of Medicine, Olomouc, Czech Republic hDepartment of Occupational Health, Specialized State Health Institute, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia iDepartment of Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention, Cancer Center and M Sklodowska Curie Memorial Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland jInstitute of Hygiene, Public Health, Health Services and Management kGeneral Surgery Department, St Mary Clinical Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila Bucharest, Romania lNational Institute of Environmental Health, Budapest, Hungary mDepartment of Epidemiology and Prevention, Russian N N Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Moscow, Russia
Eur J Cancer Prev . 2016..Our findings do not support an association of global blood DNA methylation with the risk of lung cancer in nonsmoking women...
- Occupational exposure and laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer risk in central and eastern EuropeOxana Shangina
Cancer Research Centre, Moscow, Russia
Am J Epidemiol 164:367-75. 2006..These data indicate that occupational exposure to coal dust may play a role in laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer. Other possible relations need further evaluation...
- [Low-deuterium water effect on transplantable tumors]V S Turusov
Vopr Onkol 51:99-102. 2005..Low-deuterium water treatment resulted in significant inhibitory effect on volume of all tumor patterns concerned: it delayed nodule formation at transplantation site. However, no increase in survival time was obtained...
- [Carcinogenic components of smokeless tobacco and tobacco-free cigarettes]L V Krivosheeva
Vopr Onkol 52:427-32. 2006..Herbal cigarette smoke extracts mutagenicity induced by side-effects of carcinogenic substances was of similar magnitude as well...
- [Terra incognita in cancer epidemiology: occupational cancer among women]S A Il'icheva
Vopr Onkol 50:145-8. 2004
- [Concerning possible pathways of lead carcinogenicity]S A Il'icheva
Vopr Onkol 54:268-71. 2008
- [Tobacco and malignant tumors]V F Levshin
Vopr Onkol 49:391-9. 2003
- European Code Against Cancer and scientific justification: third version (2003)P Boyle
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 14:973-1005. 2003
- [Epidemiology, mechanisms of cancerogenesis and prevention of neoplasms]D G Zaridze
N N Blokhin Cancer Research Centre, 115478, Moscow
Arkh Patol 64:53-61. 2002....
- [Epidemiology of occupational neoplasms in the printing industry]D G Zaridze
Institute of Carcinogenesis, N.N. Blokhin Center for Oncology Research, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow
Vopr Onkol 47:421-4. 2001..Significant death risks from esophageal and ovarian malignancies due to exposure to glue vapors and paper dust were observed in bookbinders...