- An assessment of the efficacy and safety of eszopiclone in the treatment of transient insomnia in healthy adults
Northside Hospital Sleep Medicine Institute, 5780 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Sleep Med 6:15-22. 2005
..This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study assessed the efficacy and safety of eszopiclone, a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic agent, in healthy adults using the first-night effect model of transient insomnia...
- The AWAKEN survey: knowledge of narcolepsy among physicians and the general population
1Director of Research, NeuroTrials Research, Inc Director, The Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology, Atlanta, GA
Postgrad Med 126:78-86. 2014
..Substantial gaps exist in understanding narcolepsy and its symptoms, even among sleep medicine specialists. Our findings suggest a need for educational initiatives for physicians to improve recognition of narcolepsy symptoms. ..
- Armodafinil in the treatment of excessive sleepiness
NeuroTrials Research, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Nat Sci Sleep 2:95-105. 2010
..Compared with modafinil, the wake-promoting effects of armodafinil persist later in the day. It is for this reason that armodafinil may be a particularly appropriate therapy for patients with persistent ES due to OSA, SWD, or narcolepsy...
- Efficacy and tolerability of indiplon in transient insomnia
Atlanta Sleep Institute, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:374-9. 2007
..The efficacy of indiplon was evaluated by polysomnography (PSG) in an experimental model of transient insomnia consisting of the first night effect combined with a 2-hour phase advance...
- Is shift work making your patient sick? Emerging theories and therapies for treating shift work disorder
The Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Postgrad Med 123:106-15. 2011
..Combined therapy can reduce insomnia and excessive sleepiness, and improve attention and alertness during work shifts and the subsequent commute home...
- A phase 3, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of armodafinil for excessive sleepiness associated with jet lag disorder
Russell P Rosenberg
NeuroTrials Research, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:630-8. 2010
..To assess the effect of armodafinil, the longer-lasting isomer of modafinil, on jet lag disorder...
- Optimal treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and excessive sleepiness
Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology, 1100 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 580, Atlanta, GA, 30342, USA
Adv Ther 26:295-312. 2009
..Furthermore, the life expectancy of patients with untreated OSA is significantly reduced...
- APD125, a selective serotonin 5-HT(2A) receptor inverse agonist, significantly improves sleep maintenance in primary insomnia
NeuroTrials Research and Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine, Atlanta 30342, USA
Sleep 31:1663-71. 2008
..In phase 1 studies, APD125 improved sleep maintenance and was well tolerated...
- Sleep maintenance insomnia: strengths and weaknesses of current pharmacologic therapies
Russell P Rosenberg
Northside Hospital Sleep Medicine Institute, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 18:49-56. 2006
..When insomnia is recognized, considerable emphasis has been placed on improving sleep onset; however, there is growing evidence that improving sleep maintenance is an equally important treatment goal...
- A randomized, double-blind, single-dose, placebo-controlled, multicenter, polysomnographic study of gabapentin in transient insomnia induced by sleep phase advance
Russell P Rosenberg
Neurotrials Research Inc, Atlanta, GA
J Clin Sleep Med 10:1093-100. 2014
..To evaluate the effects of single doses of gabapentin 250 and 500 mg on polysomnographic (PSG) and participant-reported sleep measures in a 5-h phase advance insomnia model...
- A pilot study evaluating acute use of eszopiclone in patients with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
Northside Hospital Sleep Medicine Institute, 1000 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Sleep Med 8:464-70. 2007
..To evaluate the effects of eszopiclone on measures of respiration and sleep using polysomnography in patients with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- A polysomnography study of eszopiclone in elderly patients with insomnia
W Vaughn McCall
Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1633-42. 2006
..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of eszopiclone 2 mg in elderly patients (aged 64-86 years) with chronic insomnia...
- A 2-week efficacy and safety study of eszopiclone in elderly patients with primary insomnia
Tri State Sleep Disorders Center, Cincinnati, OH 45246, USA
Sleep 28:720-7. 2005
..Evaluate the efficacy of eszopiclone in primary insomnia...
- The efficacy and safety of armodafinil as treatment for adults with excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy
John R Harsh
The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS 39406, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:761-74. 2006
..This study assessed the efficacy and safety of armodafinil, the longer half-life enantiomer of modafinil, for the treatment of excessive sleepiness in patients with narcolepsy...
- The efficacy and safety of the melatonin agonist beta-methyl-6-chloromelatonin in primary insomnia: a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover clinical trial
Frank P Zemlan
Phase 2 Discovery, Inc, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:384-90. 2005
..The purpose of the present study was to determine if the melatonin agonist beta-methyl-6-chloromelatonin has a direct soporific effect in subjects with primary insomnia...