- Interleukin-1beta augments angiogenic responses of murine endothelial progenitor cells in vitro
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:933-43. 2009
..Further studies are warranted to assess how interactions between proinflammatory environments and EPC responses may be leveraged to enhance therapeutic angiogenesis...
- Multiphasic roles for matrix metalloproteinases after stroke
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Curr Opin Pharmacol 8:82-9. 2008
- Neuroprotective effects of overexpressing tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase TIMP-1
Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:1935-41. 2009
..Taken together, these cell culture and in vivo data provide initial proof-of-principle that TIMP-1 is neuroprotective against traumatic and ischemic brain injury in mice...
- Extension of the thrombolytic time window with minocycline in experimental stroke
Neuroprotection Res Lab, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Stroke 39:3372-7. 2008
..In this study, we ask whether minocycline can prevent tPA-associated cerebral hemorrhage and extend the reperfusion window in an experimental stroke model in rats...
- Neuregulin-1 signaling in brain endothelial cells
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:39-43. 2009
..These data suggest that NRG1 signaling is functional and cytoprotective in BMECs...
- Plasma and brain matrix metalloproteinase-9 after acute focal cerebral ischemia in rats
Kyung Pil Park
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, MGH East 149 2401 Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Stroke 40:2836-42. 2009
..Here, we examined the temporal profiles of MMP-9 in blood and brain using a rat model of acute focal cerebral ischemia...
- Targeting extracellular matrix proteolysis for hemorrhagic complications of tPA stroke therapy
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 7:235-42. 2008
..The data strongly suggest that targeting the extracellular matrix proteolytic imbalance within the neurovascular unit may provide new approaches for improving the safety and efficacy of thrombolytic reperfusion therapy of stroke...
- Astrocytic induction of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and edema in brain hemorrhage
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:460-8. 2007
- Etiologic diagnosis of ischemic stroke subtypes with plasma biomarkers
Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Neurovascular Unit, Neurology Department, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 39:2280-7. 2008
..Because there is no biologic marker offering precise information about stroke etiology, many patients receive a diagnosis of undetermined stroke even after all available diagnostic tests are done, precluding correct treatment...
- Fas system activation in perihematomal areas after spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage
Neurovascular Research Laboratory Hospital Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 39:1730-4. 2008
- MMP-9-positive neutrophil infiltration is associated to blood-brain barrier breakdown and basal lamina type IV collagen degradation during hemorrhagic transformation after human ischemic stroke
Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Neurovascular Unit, Department of Neurology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 39:1121-6. 2008
..Our aim was to investigate MMP-2 and MMP-9 in the ischemic brain and its relation with blood-brain barrier breakdown after hemorrhagic transformation in human stroke...
- Increased brain expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 after ischemic and hemorrhagic human stroke
Department of Neurology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 37:1399-406. 2006
..We aimed to investigate MMP-2 (gelatinase A) and MMP-9 (gelatinase B) in brain parenchyma in both ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes...
- Poststroke C-reactive protein is a powerful prognostic tool among candidates for thrombolysis
Departament de Medicina Interna, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 37:1205-10. 2006
..We sought to investigate whether CRP measured before tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) treatments may add prognostic information to guide stroke thrombolysis...
- A matrix metalloproteinase protein array reveals a strong relation between MMP-9 and MMP-13 with diffusion-weighted image lesion increase in human stroke
Neurology Department, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 36:1415-20. 2005
..In the present study we use an MMP array to investigate the blood levels of several MMPs in stroke patients and its relation with brain tissue damage and neurological outcome...
- Angiogenesis in symptomatic intracranial atherosclerosis: predominance of the inhibitor endostatin is related to a greater extent and risk of recurrence
Juan F Arenillas
Neurovascular Unit and Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 36:92-7. 2005
..We aimed to investigate the relationship between the pro-angiogenic vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and the anti-angiogenic endostatin, and the extent and risk of recurrence of symptomatic intracranial atherosclerosis...