- Exogenous recombinant human growth hormone effects during suboptimal energy and zinc intake
Sansum Medical Research Institute, 2219 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 2:10. 2005
..Suboptimal Zn intake did not exacerbate the reduced growth or decrease in energy expenditure observed with energy restriction...
- Energy expenditures & physical activity in rats with chronic suboptimal nutrition
EMTAC Inc, 651 Vanderbilt St, 6J Brooklyn, NY 11218, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 3:11. 2006
..In this study energy expenditure (EE; kcal/100 g body weight) and physical activity (PA; oscillations in weight/min/kg body weight) were assessed in rats subjected to three levels of CSN...
- Twenty-four hour metabolic rate measurements utilized as a reference to evaluate several prediction equations for calculating energy requirements in healthy infants
D and S Consulting Services Inc, 1 Horizon Rd, 1407, Fort Lee, NJ 07024, USA
Nutr J 10:14. 2011
- Energy expenditure in chow-fed female non-human primates of various weights
EMTAC Inc, 2219 Bath St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 5:32. 2008
..Until now no technology has been available to study energy metabolism in monkeys. The objective of this study was to determine daily energy expenditures (EE) and respiratory quotients (RQ) in female monkeys of various body weights and ages...
- Lower energy expenditures in infants from obese biological mothers
EMTAC Inc, Santa Barbara, California, USA
Nutr J 7:15. 2008
..Previous studies in adults have found that a lower resting metabolic rate is a predictor of future body weight gain...
- Relationship between maternal obesity and infant feeding-interactions
EMTAC Inc, 514 Santander Ave 5, Coral Gables, FL 33134, USA
Nutr J 4:17. 2005
- Daily metabolic rate in healthy infants
EMTAC, Inc, Miami, Florida, USA
J Pediatr 143:180-5. 2003
..Previous estimates of daily metabolic rate in infants were based on short-term unstandardized measurements of energy expenditure (EE)...
- Carbohydrate malabsorption may increase daily energy requirements in infants
EMTAC Inc, Miami, Florida 33134, USA
Nutrition 19:832-6. 2003
..However, the effect of this alteration on daily metabolic rate is unknown. We assessed daily metabolic rates in infants with asymptomatic carbohydrate malabsorption (ACM) after a single fruit juice load...
- Association between infantile colic and carbohydrate malabsorption from fruit juices in infancy
Research Institute, Miami Children s Hospital, Miami, Florida 33155, USA
Pediatrics 109:797-805. 2002
..To determine whether infantile colic (IC) is associated with malabsorption of carbohydrates present in fruit juices...
- New equations for calculating the components of energy expenditure in infants
Miami Children s Hospital, Research Institute, Miami, Florida, USA
J Pediatr 140:534-9. 2002
..To derive new equations for 24-hour energy expenditure (24-h EE; kcal/d) and resting (RMR; kcal/d) and sleeping metabolic rates (SMR; kcal/d) in young infants by using the Enhanced Metabolic Testing Activity Chamber (EMTAC)...