- [Audit of preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis in a surgical site infections surveillance network]
Centre de coordination de la lutte contre les infections nosocomiales, 15 21, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:627-33. 2002
..To evaluate the preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis (PAP) prescriptions in a surgical site infection (SSI) surveillance network...
- The standardized incidence ratio as a reliable tool for surgical site infection surveillance
Interregional Center for the Coordination of Nosocomial Infection Control, Paris, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:817-24. 2006
- Do case vignettes accurately reflect antibiotic prescription?
Jean Christophe Lucet
Infection Control Unit, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, and Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:1003-9. 2011
..Antibiotic prescription is frequently inappropriate in hospitals. Our objective was to evaluate whether the quality of antibiotic prescription could be measured using case vignettes to assess physicians' knowledge...
- Acquisition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in the acute care setting: incidence and risk factors
Infectious Diseases Unit, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 28:733-6. 2007
..1% of patients who had tested negative for MRSA on admission had cultures positive for MRSA at discharge. Only the presence of chronic skin breaks at admission was independently associated with MRSA acquisition...
- Sternal Wound Infection after Cardiac Surgery: Management and Outcome
Infectious Diseases Department, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0139122. 2015
..Sternal Wound Infection (SWI) is a severe complication after cardiac surgery. Debridement associated with primary closure using Redon drains (RD) is an effective treatment, but data on RD management and antibiotic treatment are scarce...
- Antibiotic use: knowledge and perceptions in two university hospitals
Jean Christophe Lucet
Infection Control Unit, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Denis Diderot University, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:936-40. 2011
..To investigate knowledge and perceptions about antibiotic prescription in two university hospitals...
- Inappropriate prescribing of aminoglycosides: risk factors and impact of an antibiotic control team
Jean Ralph Zahar
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hôpital Henri Mondor AP HP, Creteil, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:651-6. 2006
..We assessed prospectively the impact of an antibiotic control team on the appropriateness of prescriptions...