Affiliation: University of Porto
- Prevalence and management of cardiovascular risk factors in Portuguese living in Portugal and Portuguese who migrated to SwitzerlandLuis Alves
EPIUnit Institute of Public Health of the University of Porto ISPUP, Porto, Portugal
BMC Public Health 15:307. 2015..We compared the levels and management of the main cardiovascular risk factors between Portuguese living in Porto (Portugal) and Portuguese migrants living in Lausanne (Switzerland)...
- Association between neighborhood deprivation and fruits and vegetables consumption and leisure-time physical activity: a cross-sectional multilevel analysisLuis Alves
Institute of Public Health, University of Porto, Rua das Taipas, 135 139, 4050 600 Porto, Portugal
BMC Public Health 13:1103. 2013..We investigated the association of neighborhood deprivation with fruits and vegetables consumption and leisure-time physical activity in adults living in an urban center in Portugal...
- Socioeconomic inequalities in the prevalence of nine established cardiovascular risk factors in a southern European populationLuis Alves
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Predictive Medicine and Public Health, University of Porto Medical School, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e37158. 2012..To fully address the issue of health inequalities, interventions within the health systems should be complemented with population-based policies specifically designed to reduce socioeconomic gradients...
- Trends in lung cancer mortality in Portugal (1955-2005)Luis Alves
Hygiene and Epidemiology Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Rev Port Pneumol 15:575-87. 2009..While the rate of smoking and lung cancer mortality has been decreasing in western Europe, there was no decline in lung cancer mortality in Portugal until 1998...
- Weight change and its determinants in Portuguese adult women: a longitudinal analysis in the EPIPorto cohortAna Henriques
EpiUnit, Institute of Public Health, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Epidemiol Community Health 69:1162-8. 2015..We aimed to characterise between-women and within-women weight change in adult women, and to assess the association of sociodemographic, reproductive and lifestyle characteristics with the variations...
- Portuguese migrants in Switzerland: healthcare and health status compared to Portuguese residentsLuis Alves
Instituto de Saúde Pública da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal Departamento de Epidemiologia Clínica, Medicina Preditiva e Saúde Pública, Porto, Portugal Unidade de Saúde Familiar St André de Canidelo, Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 8:e77066. 2013..Most migrant studies have compared health characteristics between migrants and nationals of the host country. We aimed at comparing health characteristics of migrants with nationals from their home country...
- Social trajectory and body image satisfaction in childbearing womenAna Henriques
EPIUnit Institute of Public Health, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Matern Child Health J 19:1237-44. 2015..10-4.46; too large: adjusted OR 1.64, 95 % CI 1.07-2.51]. Downward social trajectory was associated with a higher likelihood of dissatisfaction with body image in multiparae, while there was no effect among primiparae...
- Sociodemographic determinants of prevalence and incidence of Helicobacter pylori infection in Portuguese adultsJoana Bastos
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Predictive Medicine and Public Health, University of Porto Medical School, Porto, Portugal Institute of Public Health of the University of Porto ISPUP, Porto, Portugal
Helicobacter 18:413-22. 2013..pylori-related diseases. We aimed to estimate the prevalence and incidence of H. pylori infection and to identify its major sociodemographic correlates in an urban population from the North of Portugal...
- Prevalence and determinants of cervical cytology use in an urban sample of Portuguese womenCarla Alves
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Porto University Medical School, Porto, Portugal
Eur J Cancer Prev 18:482-8. 2009..12-0.65). In conclusion, under opportunistic screening, the high life prevalence of cervical cytology use hides a small proportion of women tested at the recommended intervals and inequalities in access to and frequency of screening...
- Hypercholesterolemia, eligibility for lipid-lowering therapy and therapeutic success: population-based study in a Portuguese urban populationLuis Alves
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Porto Medical School, Institute of Public Health, Alameda Prof Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Eur J Endocrinol 159:755-60. 2008....