- Characterization of the hydrophobicity of mesoporous silicas and clays with silica pillars by water adsorption and DRIFTJoão Pires
Departamento de Química e Bioquímica da Faculdade de Ciências de Lisboa, Centro de Quimica e Bioquimica, Edificio C8, Campo Grande, Lisboa, Portugal
J Colloid Interface Sci 317:206-13. 2008..However, water adsorption is much more sensitive to changes in the nature of the adsorbent surface than to changes in the pore diameter...
- Studies on selective adsorption of biogas components on pillared clays: approach for biogas improvementJoão Pires
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and CQB, Faculty of Sciences, Building C8, University of Lisbon, Campo Grande, Lisbon, Portugal
Environ Sci Technol 42:8727-32. 2008..To further assess the efficiency of these materials in commercial processes, the adsorption capacity in terms of working capacity was also calculated at two different regeneration pressures, i.e., at 1.0 atm and 1.0 Torr...
- Development of novel pillared clays for the encapsulation of inorganic complexesJoão Pires
Departamento de Quimica e Bioquimica, Faculdade de Ciencias, Universidade de Lisboa, Ed C8, Campo Grande, 1749 016 Lisboa, Portugal
Langmuir 20:2861-6. 2004....
- Potentialities of polyurethane foams for trace level analysis of triazinic metabolites in water matrices by stir bar sorptive extractionFátima C M Portugal
University of Lisbon, Faculty of Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, Campo Grande Ed C8, 1749 016 Lisbon, Portugal
J Chromatogr A 1217:3707-10. 2010....
- Waste-derived activated carbons for removal of ibuprofen from solution: role of surface chemistry and pore structureAna S Mestre
Departamento de Química e Bioquímica and CQB, Faculdade de Ciencias da Universidade de Lisboa, Ed C8, Campo Grande, Lisboa, Portugal
Bioresour Technol 100:1720-6. 2009..Specifically, adsorbents with a large fraction of ultramicropores (pore widths <0.7 nm) are not adequate to effectively remove ibuprofen...
- Composite MOF Foams: The Example of UiO-66/PolyurethaneMoisés L Pinto
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and CQB, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon, Ed C8, Campo Grande, 1749 016 Lisboa, Portugal
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 5:2360-3. 2013..The composite MOF foam has hierarchical porosity and high adsorption capacity for benzene and n-hexane, maintaining more than 70% of the adsorption capacity of the UiO-66...