- Psychological distress, loneliness and disability in old ageConstanca Paul
UNIFAI, ICBAS, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Portugal
Psychol Health Med 11:221-32. 2006..Attempts to improve detection and management of psychological distress in sick older people, in those who appear isolated and express loneliness should be evaluated...
- Disability and psychosocial outcomes in old ageConstanca Paul
UNIFAI, University of Porto, Portugal
J Aging Health 19:723-41. 2007..This article explores psychosocial variables associated with illness and age-related losses during old age...
- Cognitive impairment in old people living in the communityConstanca Paul
Research Unit on Ageing UNIFAI, ICBAS, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Largo Prof Abel Salazar, 2, 4099 003 Porto, Portugal
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 51:121-4. 2010..Cognitive impairment was found to be predicted by gender, age and psychological distress, explaining 18% of variance. Findings are discussed considering available literature and possible interventions for community residents...
- Health profile of centenarians in Portugal: a census-based approachOscar Ribeiro
Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar UNIFAI and CINTESIS, University of Porto, Rua Jorge Viterbo Ferreira, 228, 4050 313 Porto, Portugal
Popul Health Metr 14:13. 2016..This paper aims to describe the health and sociodemographic characteristics of Portuguese centenarians as given in the 2011 census and to identify sex differences...
- Health Status, Living Arrangements, and Service Use at 100: Findings From the Oporto Centenarian StudyOscar Ribeiro
a Research and Education Unit on Aging, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar UNIFAI ICBAS, and Center for Health Technology and Services Research CINTESIS, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Aging Soc Policy 28:148-64. 2016..Policy makers may be guided by the insights gained from this research and work toward improvement of support options and removal of barriers to service access. ..
- Predicting Successful Aging at One Hundred Years of AgeLia Araújo
UNIFAI ICBAS, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal ESEV and CI and DETS, Viseu, Portugal
Res Aging 38:689-709. 2016..It aims to identify subgroups of centenarians sharing communalities in successful aging profiles, and determine the role of sociodemographic factors and psychological, social, and economic resources on successful aging...
- Perceived Risk of Death in Older Primary Care PatientsLaetitia Teixeira
UNIFAI, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar ICBAS, University of Porto, Portugal Center for Health Technology and Services Research CINTESIS, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar ICBAS, University of Porto, Portugal
Int J Aging Hum Dev . 2016..Early identification of severity of medical concerns and the availability and adequacy of informal caregiving should allow healthcare professionals to promptly initiate an appropriate assessment and treatment of older patients...
- The Role of Existential Beliefs Within the Relation of Centenarians' Health and Well-BeingLia Araújo
UnIFai and CINTESIS ICBAS, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Relig Health . 2016..Appropriate models of intervention for very old age that recognize the importance of religion, spirituality, and meaning of life are to be considered...
- Measuring attachment to life in old age: the Portuguese version of the Positive Valuation of Life Scale (Positive VOL)Lia Araújo
UNIFAI, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Rua de Jorge Viterbo Ferreira n º 228, Edificio 2, Piso 3, 4050 313, Porto, Portugal
Qual Life Res 24:2385-9. 2015..This study aims to present the psychometric properties of the Portuguese version of the Positive Valuation of Life Scale (Lawton et al. in J Aging Ment Healt 13:3-31, 2001)...
- Portuguese version of the Geriatric Anxiety Inventory: transcultural adaptation and psychometric validationOscar Ribeiro
Research and Education Unit on Ageing UNIFAI ICBAS UP, University of Porto, Portugal
Aging Ment Health 15:742-8. 2011..In this study, the authors examined the validity of the Portuguese version of the GAI and assessed its psychometric properties...
- End-stage renal disease adherence questionnaire: translation and validation to the portuguese languageVerónica Poveda
a Abel Salazar Biomedical Sciences Institute, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Ren Fail . 2016..In conclusion, our results showed that PESRD-AQ, which presented an acceptable reliability and validity, is a valid tool to be used for adherence evaluation by Portuguese-speaking dialysis patients...
- Active Ageing: An Empirical Approach to the WHO ModelConstanca Paul
Research and Education Unit on Ageing, UNIFAI, ICBAS, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, Universidade do Porto, 4050 313 Porto, Portugal
Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res 2012:382972. 2012..The profile of active ageing is expected to vary between contexts and cultures and can be used to guide specific community and individually based interventions...
- Informal stroke rehabilitation: what are the main reasons of Thai caregivers?Pornchai Jullamate
ICBAS Institute of Biomedical Sciences of Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Int J Rehabil Res 30:315-20. 2007..The health professional in Thailand should encourage stroke caregivers to continue providing informal rehabilitation services for their stroke relatives, as it might sustain the well being of stroke survivors during their stay at home...