Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology
- Do the distribution patterns of polymorphisms at the thiopurine S-methyltransferase locus in sub-Saharan populations need revision? Hints from Cabinda and MozambiqueE Oliveira
Institute of Pathology and Molecular Immunology of University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:703-6. 2007....
- The MTHFR C677T and A1298C polymorphisms and susceptibility to childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in PortugalElisabete Oliveira
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:425-9. 2005..Concerning MTHFR1298*C, this study failed to corroborate previous findings of decreased risk of ALL in the presence of the variant...
- Pharmacogenetically relevant polymorphisms in PortugalE Oliveira
University of Porto, Institute of Pathology and Molecular Immunology, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Pharmacogenomics 8:703-12. 2007....
- Patterns of pharmacogenetic diversity in African populations: role of ancient and recent historyElisabete Oliveira
Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto and IPATIMUP, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Pharmacogenomics 10:1413-22. 2009..To help to fill this gap, this work characterized three previously uncharacterized African populations for a set of pharmacogenetically relevant polymorphisms...
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and methionine synthase polymorphisms and risk of bladder cancer in a Tunisian populationSlah Ouerhani
Laboratory of Genetic, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, El Mannar I, 2092 Tunis, Tunisia
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 176:48-53. 2007..Patients harboring at least one mutant allele for each of the three positions analyzed showed a 4.76-fold increased risk of developing bladder cancer in comparison to their reference group (P = 0.02, OR = 4.76; CI 95% 1.26-17.98)...