Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Faculdade de Medicina
- Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of heterodimeric splicing factor U2AFM Gama-Carvalho
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon, 1649 028 Lisbon, Portugal
J Biol Chem 276:13104-12. 2001..Shuttling of U2AF between nucleus and cytoplasm possibly represents a means to control the availability of this factor to initiate spliceosome assembly and therefore contribute to regulate splicing...
- Regulation of adenovirus alternative RNA splicing correlates with a reorganization of splicing factors in the nucleusMargarida Gama-Carvalho
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Libson, 1649 028 Lisbon, Portugal
Exp Cell Res 289:77-85. 2003..This observation raises the possibility that the subnuclear organization of splicing factors may be regulated in response to events that lead to the activation of alternative splicing programs...
- Genome-wide identification of functionally distinct subsets of cellular mRNAs associated with two nucleocytoplasmic-shuttling mammalian splicing factorsMargarida Gama-Carvalho
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Lisboa, Av, Prof, Egas Moniz, 1649 028 Lisboa, Portugal
Genome Biol 7:R113. 2006..This observation raises the question of whether U2AF associates with mature mRNA-ribonucleoprotein particles in transit to the cytoplasm, participating in additional cellular functions...
- Anthracyclines induce DNA damage response-mediated protection against severe sepsisNuno Figueiredo
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Lisboa, 1649 028 Lisboa, Portugal Clínica Universitária de Cirurgia I, Centro Hospitalar Lisboa Norte, EPE, 1649 028 Lisboa, Portugal Gulbenkian Programme for Advanced Medical Education, 2780 156 Oeiras, Portugal Champalimaud Foundation, 1400 038 Lisboa, Portugal
Immunity 39:874-84. 2013....
- An shRNA-based screen of splicing regulators identifies SFRS3 as a negative regulator of IL-1β secretionPedro Moura-Alves
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
PLoS ONE 6:e19829. 2011..Silencing of SFRS3 increased IL-1β secretion due to elevation of IL-1β and caspase-1 mRNA in addition to active caspase-1 levels. This study points to the relevance of splicing in the regulation of auto-inflammatory diseases...