- Use of multivariate analysis to assess the nutritional condition of fish larvae from nucleic acids and protein contentIsabel Cunha
Centre of Marine and Environmental Research CIIMAR, R dos Bragas 177, 4050 123 Porto, Portugal
Biol Bull 204:339-49. 2003..Results were compared to those obtained using RNA/DNA and RNA/dry weight indices, and the multivariate method was considered to be more sensitive and to provide extra information about larval nutritional history and development...
- Sea-urchin (Paracentrotus lividus) glutathione S-transferases and cholinesterase activities as biomarkers of environmental contaminationIsabel Cunha
CIIMAR Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Marinha e Ambiental, Laboratorio de Ecotoxicologia, Rua dos Bragas, 289, 4050 123, Porto, Portugal
J Environ Monit 7:288-94. 2005..lividus ChE and GST were capable of discriminate sites with different contamination levels and, thus, they are suitable for use as biomarkers in biomonitoring studies in the coastal zone...
- Baseline study of perfluorooctane sulfonate occurrence in mussels, Mytilus galloprovincialis, from north-central Portuguese estuariesIsabel Cunha
CIIMAR Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Marinha e Ambiental, Laboratorio de Ecotoxicologia, Rua dos Bragas, 289, 4050 123 Porto, Portugal
Mar Pollut Bull 50:1128-32. 2005
- Diversity and history of the long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase (Acsl) gene family in vertebratesMonica Lopes-Marques
CIIMAR Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, CIMAR Associate Laboratory, UPorto, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
BMC Evol Biol 13:271. 2013..g. triglycerides, phospholipids and cholesterol esters), a process that is carried out by acyl-CoA synthases (ACS). Here we analyze the evolution of the gene family encoding for the long-chain acyl-CoA synthetases (Acsl) in vertebrates...
- Experimental and modeling analysis of Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 growthMiguel Lopo
IBMC Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 22:71-82. 2012..The influence of different parameters such as temperature, irradiance, nitrate concentration, pH, and an external carbon source on Synechocystis PCC 6803 growth was evaluated...
- Functional desaturase Fads1 (Δ5) and Fads2 (Δ6) orthologues evolved before the origin of jawed vertebratesLuis Filipe Costa Castro
CIIMAR Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, CIMAR Associate Laboratory, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e31950. 2012....
- Toxicity ranking of estuarine sediments on the basis of Sparus aurata biomarkersIsabel Cunha
CIMAR LA CIIMAR Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Marinha e Ambiental, Universidade do Porto, Laboratorio de Ecotoxicologia, Rua dos Bragas, 177, 4050 123 Porto, Portugal
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:444-53. 2007....