José M Bioucas-Dias
- A new twIst: two-step iterative shrinkage/thresholding algorithms for image restorationJosé M Bioucas-Dias
Instituto de Telecomunicações and the Instituto Superior Técnico, Technical University of Lisbon, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
IEEE Trans Image Process 16:2992-3004. 2007..The effectiveness of the new methods are experimentally confirmed on problems of image deconvolution and of restoration with missing samples...
- Bayesian wavelet-based image deconvolution: a GEM algorithm exploiting a class of heavy-tailed priorsJosé M Bioucas-Dias
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Instituto of Telecommunications, Instituto Superior Tecnico, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
IEEE Trans Image Process 15:937-51. 2006..In a series of benchmark tests, the proposed approach outperforms or performs similarly to state-of-the art methods, demanding comparable (in some cases, much less) computational complexity...
- Majorization-minimization algorithms for wavelet-based image restorationMario A T Figueiredo
Instituto de Telecomunicações, Technical University of Lisbon, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
IEEE Trans Image Process 16:2980-91. 2007..Finally, an experimental comparison of the several algorithms, reveals their relative merits for different standard types of scenarios...
- Phase unwrapping via graph cutsJosé M Bioucas-Dias
Instituto de Telecomunicações, Instituto Superior Tecnico, and the Technical University of Lisbon, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
IEEE Trans Image Process 16:698-709. 2007..A set of experimental results illustrates the effectiveness of the proposed approach and its competitiveness in comparison with state-of-the-art phase unwrapping algorithms...
- Near-infrared hyperspectral unmixing based on a minimum volume criterion for fast and accurate chemometric characterization of counterfeit tabletsMarta B Lopes
Instituto de Telecomunicações, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Technical University of Lisbon, Avenida Rovisco Pais, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
Anal Chem 82:1462-9. 2010..These experiments are based on synthetic data (studying the effect of noise and the presence/absence of pure pixels) and on a real data set composed of NIR images of counterfeit tablets...
- An augmented Lagrangian approach to the constrained optimization formulation of imaging inverse problemsManya V Afonso
Instituto de Telecomunicações and Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Instituto Superior Tecnico, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
IEEE Trans Image Process 20:681-95. 2011..Experiments on a set of image restoration and reconstruction benchmark problems show that the proposed algorithm is a strong contender for the state-of-the-art...