- Diagnosis of acute cardiac ischemia
J Hector Pope
New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street 163, Boston, MA, 02111, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 21:27-59. 2003
- The impact of electrocardiographic left ventricular hypertrophy and bundle branch block on the triage and outcome of ED patients with a suspected acute coronary syndrome: a multicenter study
J Hector Pope
Center for Cardiobascular Health Services Research, Division of Clinical Care Research, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Am J Emerg Med 22:156-63. 2004
..With a short-term mortality rate 3.5 times that for patients without ECG-LVH, selected patients with ECG-LVH and symptoms suggesting ACS might benefit from hospitalization for further evaluation...
- Acute coronary syndromes in the emergency department: diagnostic characteristics, tests, and challenges
J Hector Pope
Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Cardiol Clin 23:423-51, v-vi. 2005
..This article reviews the state of the art regarding the diagnosis of ACSs in the emergency setting and suggests reasons why missed diagnosis continues to occur, albeit infrequently...
- Clinical features, triage, and outcome of patients presenting to the ED with suspected acute coronary syndromes but without pain: a multicenter study
Boris E Coronado
Center for Cardioivascular Health Services Research, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Dept of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Emerg Med 22:568-74. 2004
..There is a need for greater awareness in the general public of the different manifestations of ACS to enhance the recognition of and prompt response to their symptoms...
- Differences in triage thresholds for patients presenting with possible acute coronary syndromes: more than meets the eye
Catherine E Milch
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Center for Cardiovascular Health Services Research, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Investig Med 54:76-85. 2006
..Many studies have shown differences in cardiac care by racial/ethnic groups without accounting for institutional factors at the location of care...
- Myocardial perfusion imaging for evaluation and triage of patients with suspected acute cardiac ischemia: a randomized controlled trial
James E Udelson
Division of Clinical Care Research, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Box 70, Boston, MA 02111, USA
JAMA 288:2693-700. 2002
- hs-Troponin I Followed by CT Angiography Improves Acute Coronary Syndrome Risk Stratification Accuracy and Work-Up in Acute Chest Pain Patients: Results From ROMICAT II Trial
Knight Cardiovascular Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Cardiac MR PET CT Program, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Electronic address
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 8:1272-81. 2015
- Abdominal anaphylaxis presenting as trauma: a recipe for delayed diagnosis
Kevin B Rankins
Department of Emergency Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
J Emerg Med 43:630-3. 2012
..Successful shock management requires prompt identification, classification, and treatment; however, the triage of patients with non-hemorrhagic shock to the trauma room can lead to delayed diagnosis with increased morbidity and mortality...
- Coronary CT angiography versus standard evaluation in acute chest pain
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 367:299-308. 2012
..It is unclear whether an evaluation incorporating coronary computed tomographic angiography (CCTA) is more effective than standard evaluation in the emergency department in patients with symptoms suggestive of acute coronary syndromes...
- Acute resting myocardial perfusion imaging in patients with diabetes mellitus: results from the Emergency Room Assessment of Sestamibi for Evaluation of Chest Pain (ERASE Chest Pain) trial
Hnry Low Heart Center for the Division of Cardiology, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 11:570-7. 2004
..In the ED setting the presence of diabetes mellitus (DM) is a predictor of ACI and hospitalization, but the role of resting MPI in patients with DM is unknown...