- The clinical course of the Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT) field case in hens and estimation of immunoprophylaxis efficiencyA Wieliczko
Department of Epizootiology and Veterinary Administration with Clinic, Division of Poultry Disease, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Wrocław, Pl Grunwaldzki 45, 50 366 Wrocław, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 7:143-7. 2004..1% and 51%, respectively. Subsequently, clinical symptoms of the disease disappeared and the egg production, as well as mortality, returned to the level of technological norms for laying hens...
- Prevalence of infectious diseases in ring-necked pheasant flocks in PolandA Wieliczko
Department of Epizootiology and Veterinary Administration with Clinic, Division of Poultry Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Wrocław pl Grunwaldzki 45, 50 366 Wrocław
Pol J Vet Sci 6:177-82. 2003..However, in none of the examined flocks was the presence of antibodies against reticuloendoteliosis virus found. Marble spleen disease and salmonellosis proved to be the most frequent cause of death during the growing period...
- Differentiation of Salmonella Gallinarum biovar Gallinarum from Salmonella Gallinarum biovar Pullorum by PCR-RFLP of the fimH geneD Kisiela
Department of Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Wroclaw, Cypriana Norwida 31, 50 375 Wroclaw, Poland
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 52:214-8. 2005..Gallinarum biovar Gallinarum strains with SacI gave two DNA fragments of 554 and 472 bp and only one fragment of 1026 bp for S. Gallinarum biovar Pullorum. This allows a clear differentiation between these two biovars...
- Comparison of ITS profiling, REP- and ERIC-PCR of Salmonella Enteritidis isolates from PolandR Chmielewski
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agriculture University, Wrocław, Poland
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 49:163-8. 2002..Enteritidis infections...
- Antimicrobial resistance of thermophilic Campylobacter spp. isolated from cattle in PolandM Bednarski
Department of Epizootiology and Veterinary Administration, Clinic of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Pl Grunwaldzki 45, 50 559 Wrocław, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 13:189-91. 2010..The most frequently detected resistance of C. jejuni was to ciprofloxacin (26 strains 18.2%). Resistance to tetracycline was observed in 5 strains (3.5%). All strains of C. jejuni were susceptible to erythromycin and gentamicin...
- New insight into the structure, development, functions and popular disorders of bursa FabriciiJ P Madej
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, ul Norwida 25 27, 50 375, Wrocław, Poland
Anat Histol Embryol 42:321-31. 2013..Several viral infections affect bursa, causing lymphocyte depletion or excessive proliferation. This review summarizes data on the development and histology of healthy bursa and introduces some common disorders that affect this organ. ..
- Impact of CpG oligodeoxynucleotide stimulation on percentage of T and B cells in chickenK Chrzastek
Department of Epizootiology and Clinic of Bird and Exotic Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, pl Grunwadzki 45, 50 366 Wrocław, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 16:551-4. 2013..38 +/- 0.84) was significantly higher than that found in the non-CpG ODN control group (94.54 +/- 2.51) (p < or = 0.05). The results indicate that class B CpG ODN increases the percentage of both T (especially CD4+ cells) and B cells...
- Genetic comparison of Campylobacter jejuni isolated from different cattle farmsM Bednarski
Department of Epizootiology with Clinic of Birds and Exotic Animals, The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Pl Grunwaldzki 45, 50 366 Wrocław, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 14:279-81. 2011..jejuni isolates, and demonstrated high genomic diversity. The highest level of diversity was observed in strains isolated from stanchion-barn animals in opposition to those from the loose-housing system...
- Genotype analysis of Campylobacter jejuni isolated from broilers in PolandL Wojciech
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Wrocław Agriculture University, Norwida 31, 50 375 Wrocław, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 8:41-7. 2005..Based on data obtained it was found that C. jejuni isolates recovered from broilers at the slaughterhouses in southwest Poland are characterized by a high degree of genetic heterogeneity...