Affiliation: National Veterinary Research Institute
- Research on substances with activity against orthopoxvirusesMarcin Kołodziej
Biological Threats Identification and Countermeasure Center, Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Puławy, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 20:1-7. 2013..Further studies on compounds with activity against poxviruses are necessary in order to broaden the pool of available means that could be used in the case of a new outbreak of smallpox...
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in the course of influenza A/H1N1v infection--genetic aspectsMarcin Niemcewicz
Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Biological Threat Identification and Countermeasures Centre, Pulawy, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 20:711-4. 2013....
- Research on prevention and treatment of hemorrhagic feversJustyna Joniec
Biological Threats Identification and Countermeasure Centre, Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Puławy, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 19:165-71. 2012..Results of the latest studies are promising and encourage further work which may eventually lead to the solution of the urgent problem of hemorrhagic fevers...
- Antiviral activity of novel oseltamivir derivatives against some influenza virus strainsJanusz Kocik
Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 61:509-13. 2014..At a lower infection dose, the antiviral activity was observed for OS-11, OS 27, OS-35 and OS-20. OS-64 turned out to be effective only at a high concentration. OS-23 showed no antiviral effect...
- Severe influenza outbreak in Western Ukraine in 2009--a molecular-epidemiological studyJanusz Kocik
Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Department of Epidemiology, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 20:509-14. 2013..Mobile biological survey teams took samples from civilian patients with severe acute respiratory distress syndrome, rapid transportation of the samples, and their molecular analysis in Poland to provide accurate results...