Affiliation: Medical University of Warsaw
- The size of selected human skull foramina in relation to skull capacityJ Wysocki
Department of Vertebrate Morphology, Academy of Podlasie, Siedlce, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 65:301-8. 2006..Perhaps the left-sided domination is less advantageous for the haemodynamics of blood outflow, as the left brachiocephalic vein is longer and is often compressed by the sternum and aortic arch...
- The occurrence, variations and diameter of the human condylar canal in relation to the jugular foramenJ Wysocki
Department of Anatomy, Center of Biostructure, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 65:11-4. 2006..There was no significant correlation between the jugular foramen and the condylar canal in our specimens...
- Measurements of selected parameters of the guinea pig temporal boneJarosław Wysocki
Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing, Warsaw, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 64:145-50. 2005..This should be taken into account during all tests which require the introduction of examining instruments into the cochlear scala...
- Topographical anatomy of the guinea pig temporal boneJarosław Wysocki
Department of Normal Anatomy, University Medical School in Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Hear Res 199:103-10. 2005..The semicircular canals are relatively large, the lateral canal is largest and the posterior the smallest. The cochlea has thin bony wall, and is composed of 3.5-3.75 turns...
- Correlations between selected parameters of the human skull and orbitStanisław Nitek
Department of Human and Clinical Anatomy, Center of Biostructure, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Med Sci Monit 15:BR370-7. 2009..Correlations between selected metric parameters of the human skull and the orbit should be useful for anticipating probable dimensions of the orbit in living subjects...
- Vascularization of the mandibular condylar head with respect to intracapsular fractures of mandibleJarosław Wysocki
Clinic of Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation, II Medical Faculty, Medical University of Warsaw, Kajetany, Mokra 17 Str, 05 830 Nadarzyn, Poland
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 40:112-5. 2012..Causes of mandibular condylar (condylar) head necrosis as a consequence of intracapsular mandibular fractures are still a subject of controversy...
- The morphology of the hypoglossal canal and its size in relation to skull capacity in man and other mammal speciesJarosław Wysocki
Department of Vertebrate Morphology, Podlaska Academy, Siedlce, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 63:11-7. 2004..This suggests that the hypoglossal canal is an essential venous emissary in man, rhesus monkey and European bison, but that in the remaining species it is of secondary importance in this respect...
- Analysis of operating field area in transpyramidal retrolabyrinthine approach to posterior cranial fossaStanisław Nitek
Department of Normal Anatomy, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 61:305-8. 2002..The maximal measured value was 356 mm2, and the minimal was 84.3 mm2. The size of the surgical area is characterised by large deviation range but was always sufficient to insert the endoscopic device and standard otosurgical instruments...
- Comparison of round-window membrane mechanics before and after experimental stapedotomyJarosław Wysocki
Department of Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Warsaw, Nadarzyn, Poland
Laryngoscope 121:1958-64. 2011..In the case of stapedotomy, the majority of patients report lack of satisfactory results for frequencies above 2,000 Hz. The effect has not been experimentally investigated yet...
- Measurements of pre- and postpubertal human larynx: a cadaver studyJarosław Wysocki
Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation Clinic, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Medical University, Kajetany, Mokra 17 Str, 05 830 Nadarzyn, Warsaw, Poland
Surg Radiol Anat 30:191-9. 2008..However, proportion is not gender-related and hence is about the same in both males and females of any given age-group. Nevertheless, basic parameters were larger in males...
- Elastic Properties of the Annular Ligament of the Human Stapes--AFM MeasurementMonika Kwacz
Faculty of Mechatronics, Institute of Micromechanics and Photonics, Warsaw University of Technology, ul Sw A Boboli 8, 02 525, Warsaw, Poland
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 16:433-46. 2015..1 MPa. These parameters can be used in numerical and physical models of the middle and/or inner ear...
- Relative nasopharyngeal patency index as possible objective indication for adenoidectomy in children with orthodontic problemsMarta Krasny
Institute of Mother and Child, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:250-5. 2011..Although the harmful influence of nasopharyngeal obstruction on the facial skeleton has been demonstrated, clear criteria to qualify children with adenoid hypertrophy and malocclusion for adenoidectomy have not been established yet...
- Morphology of the temporal canal and postglenoid foramen with reference to the size of the jugular foramen in man and selected species of animalsJarosław Wysocki
Department of Human Anatomy, University Medical School, Warsaw, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 61:199-208. 2002..In contrast, the postglenoid foramen in man has a marginal significance. The remaining kinds, whose skulls have been investigated, occupy on that score an intermediate position...