Affiliation: Medical University
- Effect of leukotoxin of Mannheimia haemolytica and LPS of E. coli on secretory response of bovine neutrophils in vitroJ Wessely-Szponder
Department of Pathophysiology Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Agriculture, Akademicka 12, 20 033 Lublin, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 8:99-105. 2005..Toxins introduced to the cultural medium stimulate release of studied constituents from neutrophils by combined activation and lysis of neutrophils...
- The influence of TNFalpha and IL-8 on secretory action of neutrophils isolated from heifers in the course of bovine respiratory diseaseJoanna Wessely-Szponder
Department of Pathophysiology, Chair of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural Academy, Lublin, Poland
Acta Vet Hung 56:187-96. 2008..The secretory action of neutrophils varied not only depending on the form and phase of the disease but it also diminished successively during recovery...
- Crosstalk between coagulation and inflammation in mastitis and metritis in dairy cowsRyszard Bobowiec
University of Life Sciences, Department of Pathophysiology, Chair of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Akademicka 12 20 033 Lublin, Poland
Acta Vet Hung 57:283-93. 2009..These enzymes also inhibit anticoagulative systems, thus potentially worsening the course of the disease...
- Analysis of antimicrobial peptides from porcine neutrophilsJoanna Wessely-Szponder
Department of Pathophysiology, Chair of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Life Sciences, Akademicka 12, 20 033 Lublin, Poland
J Microbiol Methods 83:8-12. 2010..Minimal inhibitory concentrations (MIC) reached 10 μg/ml for protegrins 1-3 and 20 μg/ml for prophenins, and PR-39. Within the bactericidal range all isolated peptides didn't show cytotoxicity on cell lines used in our experiment...
- Importance of the matrix and the matrix/sample ratio in MALDI-TOF-MS analysis of cathelicidins obtained from porcine neutrophilsAnna Smolira
Department of Molecular Physics, Institute of Physics, Maria Curie Sklodowska University, Pl M Curie Skłodowskiej 1, 20 031, Lublin, Poland
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 175:2050-65. 2015..All of them were obtained directly from the porcine blood. As a result of studies, the authors determined such experimental conditions when the intensity of investigated ionic current had the highest value...