Affiliation: Medical University
- The impact of vegan diet on B-12 status in healthy omnivores: five-year prospective studyEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Swiecickiego 6, Poznan, Poland
Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment 11:209-12. 2012..Therefore, we aimed to estimate the long-term effect of a vegan diet on serum B-12 concentrations in healthy omnivore adults, comparing the influence of natural products consumption and B-12 fortified food...
- Lactose malabsorption is a risk factor for decreased bone mineral density in pancreatic insufficient cystic fibrosis patientsEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Szpitalna 27 33, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Hum Genet 20:1092-5. 2012..001). However, only standardized body weight and LM were documented to influence BMD (P<0.025 and P<0.044, respectively). In conclusion, LM seems to be an independent risk factor for decreased BMD in CF patients...
- Mild CFTR mutations and genetic predisposition to lactase persistence in cystic fibrosisEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Hum Genet 19:748-52. 2011..Lactose malabsorption due to ATH in CF is not more frequent than in the general population. Symptomatic assessment of lactose malabsorption in CF is not reliable...
- Secretin-enhanced Magnetic Resonance Cholangio-pancreatography in Pancreatic Insufficient and Pancreatic Sufficient Cystic Fibrosis PatientsKatarzyna Jończyk-Potoczna
Department of Pediatric Radiology, Poznan, Poland
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 25:63-9. 2016..Our aim was to compare the width of the pancreatic duct in pancreatic insufficient (PI) and pancreatic sufficient (PS) cystic fibrosis (CF) patients using secretin-enhanced magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (SE-MRCP)...
- Adult-type hypolactasia and lactose malabsorption in PolandEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 57:585-8. 2010..4:c.1917+326C>T; rs4988235) has not been reported in those studies. Therefore, in this study we aimed to assess genetic predisposition and clinical manifestation of adult-type hypolactasia (ATH)...
- Adaptive changes of pancreatic protease secretion to a short-term vegan diet: influence of reduced intake and modification of proteinJaroslaw Walkowiak
1st Chair of Pediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Br J Nutr 107:272-6. 2012..It was concluded that significant reduction and modification of protein intake due to a short-term vegan diet resulted in an adaptation of pancreatic protease secretion in healthy volunteers...
- Effects of Endurance and Endurance Strength Training on Body Composition and Physical Capacity in Women with Abdominal ObesityDamian Skrypnik
Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Disorders and Hypertension, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Obes Facts 8:175-87. 2015..To compare the effects of endurance training with endurance strength training on the anthropometric, body composition, physical capacity, and circulatory parameters in obese women...
- Small intestine bacterial overgrowth does not correspond to intestinal inflammation in cystic fibrosisAleksandra Lisowska
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Poznanń University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 70:322-6. 2010..However, the potential link to intestinal inflammation has not been studied so far. Therefore, we aimed to assess whether SIBO correlates with intestinal inflammation in CF patients...