Affiliation: Medical University
- [One patient - many faces of myocardial ischaemia]Barbara Uznańska-Loch
Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Kardiol Pol 71:631-3. 2013..Holter electrocardiogram recording revealed atrioventricular block related to ST-segment elevations and variant angina was diagnosed. Despite administered medications, the patient required pacemaker implantation...
- Usefulness of extended holter ECG monitoring for serious arrhythmia detection in patients with heart failure and sleep apneaBarbara Uznańska-Loch
Chair and Clinic of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, 91 347 Poland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 18:163-9. 2013..We hypothesized that 24-hour AECG in patients with HF who have a high risk of serious arrhythmia may be less accurate than AECG extended to 48 hours and that, moreover, arrhythmia may be related to apnea...
- Early prediction of ventricular recovery in Takotsubo syndrome using stress and contrast echocardiographyBarbara Uznanska
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Med Sci Monit 15:CS89-94. 2009..Because of the less severe prognosis of takotsubo patients, a reliable method of predicting complete functional recovery has great practical value...
- Repeatability of sleep apnea detection in 48-hour holter ECG monitoringBarbara Uznanska
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Poland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 15:218-22. 2010..There is a significant relationship between obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and cardiovascular diseases. Reliability of new methods evaluating apnea in Holter ECG monitoring is still the matter of investigators' studies...
- The relationship between left ventricular late-systolic rotation and twist, and classic parameters of ventricular function and geometryBarbara Uznanska
Medical University, Łódź, Poland
Kardiol Pol 66:740-7; discussion 748-9. 2008..Using speckle tracking echocardiography we investigated left ventricular (LV) twist and rotation (ROT) at the papillary muscle (PM) level and their correlation with standard echocardiographic and demographic parameters...
- Effect of intracoronary injection of mononuclear bone marrow stem cells on left ventricular function in patients with acute myocardial infarctionMichał Plewka
Department of Cardiology, Medical University, Łódź, Poland
Am J Cardiol 104:1336-42. 2009..02), and the E/E' ratio (17 +/- 7 vs 14 +/- 5; p = 0.03) in the BMSC group. In conclusion, intracoronary injection of unselected BMSCs in patients with STEMI improved both LV systolic and diastolic function at 6 months of follow-up...
- Relationship of serum angiogenin, adiponectin and resistin levels with biochemical risk factors and the angiographic severity of three-vessel coronary diseaseRadosław Kręcki
2nd Department of Cardiology, Medical University, Bieganski Hospital, Łódź, Poland
Cardiol J 17:599-606. 2010....
- Detection of single-vessel coronary artery disease by dipyridamole stress echocardiography: no longer a problem?Piotr Lipiec
2nd Department of Cardiology, Bieganski Hospital, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 29:151-7. 2009....
- Gated 99mTc-MIBI single-photon emission computed tomography for the evaluation of left ventricular ejection fraction: comparison with three-dimensional echocardiographyPiotr Lipiec
Second Department of Cardiology, Bieganski Hospital, Medical University of Łódź, Kniaziewicza 1 5, 91 347, Łódź, Poland
Ann Nucl Med 22:723-6. 2008..Three-dimensional (3D) echocardiography is considered to be the echocardiographic "gold standard" for the quantification of LVEF. We sought to compare QGS with 3D echocardiography in the evaluation of EF in patients with suspected CAD...
- A coronary fistula diagnosed in the eighth decade of life: The utility of non-invasive methods in the selection of treatment approachHaval Qawoq
Laboratory of Rapid Cardiac Diagnostics, Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Cardiol J 17:299-302. 2010..The patient remained free from cardiovascular symptoms at 6-month follow-up...
- Long-term prognostic value of inducible and resting perfusion defects detected by single-photon emission computed tomography in the era of wide availability of coronary revascularizationDominika Filipiak-Strzecka
Department of Cardiology, Bieganski Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 33:218-23. 2013..To assess the long-term prognostic value of various types of perfusion defects detected by single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) in patients with stable angina...
- Impact of intracoronary injection of mononuclear bone marrow cells in acute myocardial infarction on left ventricular perfusion and function: a 6-month follow-up gated 99mTc-MIBI single-photon emission computed tomography studyPiotr Lipiec
2nd Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:587-93. 2009....
- Feasibility of strain and strain rate evaluation by two-dimensional speckle tracking in murine model of myocardial infarction: comparison with tissue Doppler echocardiographyEwa Szymczyk
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Bieganski Hospital, Lodz, Poland
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 14:136-43. 2013....
- Direct comparison of the diagnostic value of point-of-care tests detecting heart-type fatty acid binding protein or glycogen phosphorylase isoenzyme BB in patients with acute coronary syndromes with persistent ST-segment elevationŁukasz Figiel
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Kardiol Pol 69:1-6. 2011..Rapid, qualitative "point of care" tests (POCT) detecting h-FABP (Cardio Detect med) and GP-BB (Diacordon) have recently become available...
- Accelerated stress real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography for the detection of coronary artery disease: comparison with 99mTc single photon emission computed tomographyPiotr Lipiec
Second Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Poland
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:941-7. 2008....
- Influence of treatment strategy on serum adiponectin, resistin and angiogenin concentrations in patients with stable multivessel coronary artery disease after one-year follow-upRadosław Kręcki
2nd Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Bieganski Hospital, Łódź, Poland
Kardiol Pol 68:1313-20. 2010..However, the available data are limited regarding adipocytokines and angiogenesis factors long-term serum concentration changes in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Quality of life in high-risk patients with stable multivessel coronary artery disease treated either medically or with coronary artery bypass graft surgery - 12-month follow-upRadosław Kręcki
2nd Department of Cardiology, Medical University, Lodz, Poland
Kardiol Pol 68:22-30. 2010..Mid- and long-term results are not always as satisfactory. That is why improvement of quality of life should be the leading qualification criterion for invasive procedures, which sometimes carry a risk of complications...
- Diagnostic utility and clinical usefulness of the pocket echocardiographic deviceBłażej Michalski
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Echocardiography 29:1-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess the feasibility and diagnostic value of transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) performed with the use of PE by a cardiology resident (2nd year of training) and by an experienced cardiologist...
- [Acute mitral regurgitation caused by infarction-related papillary muscle rupture with successful surgical treatment: case report]Piotr Lipiec
II Katedra Kardiologii, Uniwersytet Medyczny, ul Kniaziewicza 1 5, 91 347, Łódź, Poland
Kardiol Pol 65:1119-21. 2007..One year later the patient is in good condition (NYHA class I) and the valve is fully functional...
- The effects of intracoronary delivery of mononuclear bone marrow cells in patients with myocardial infarction: a two year follow-up resultsMichał Plewka
Department of Cardiology, Chair of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Kardiol Pol 69:1234-40. 2011..Studies published to date point to LV systolic and diastolic function improvement following this therapy however only a few studies assessed the long-term effects of BMSC...
- [Diagnosis and evaluation of therapy outcome in acute pulmonary embolism by transthoracic echocardiography]Piotr Lipiec
Klinika Kardiologii Instytutu Medycyny Wewnetrznej Uniwersytetu Medycznego, Łódź, Poland
Kardiol Pol 60:399-401. 2004
- Real-time three-dimensional echocardiography: still a research tool or an imaging technique ready for daily routine practice? A pilot feasibility study in a tertiary cardiology centreJarosław D Kasprzak
II Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Poland
Kardiol Pol 61:303-13; discussion 314-15. 2004..The majority of studies demonstrating the diagnostic potential of three-dimensional (3D) echocardiography have been conducted on selected series of patients in research laboratories...
- Usefulness of contrast enhancement for the echocardiographic quantitative assessment of aortic stenosisPiotr Lipiec
Department of Cardiology, Bieganski Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Acta Cardiol 59:211-2. 2004
- Breathless female patient claiming to be 8 months pregnant: what to expectPiotr Lipiec
2nd Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Kniaziewicza 1 5, 91 347 Łódź, Poland
Eur J Echocardiogr 11:E15. 2010..Because of clinical and hemodynamic instability the thrombolytic therapy was introduced. The control echocardiographic examination showed only minimal reduction of thrombus size. The patient died 2 days later...
- Regional aortic function is correlated with intima-media thickness-insights from three-dimensional echocardiographyJarosølaw Drozdz
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:789-94. 2005..There are no data available concerning regional changes in aortic elasticity in relation with local wall thickness and the magnitude of atherosclerosis...
- Right coronary artery-to-right ventricle fistula complicating percutaneous transluminal angioplasty: case report and review of the literaturePiotr Lipiec
Department of Cardiology, Bieganski Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, ul Kniaziewicza 1 5, 91 347 Lodz, Poland
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:280-3. 2004..The clinical course of this complication and therapeutic approaches presented in the literature are also briefly discussed...
- Usefulness of three-dimensional echocardiography for evaluation of pathological mass in the right atriumBłażej Michalski
II Chair and Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Echocardiography 28:E79-81. 2011..Guidance of 2D TTE by 3D TTE findings finally allowed the recognition of the stalk in modified subcostal view...