Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical University of Warsaw
- IgA/IgG pemphigus: a new atypical subset of pemphigus?Cezary Kowalewski
Acta Derm Venereol 86:357-8. 2006
- Alterations of basement membrane zone in bullous and non-bullous variants of extragenital lichen sclerosusCezary Kowalewski
Department of Dermatology, University of Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
Am J Dermatopathol 26:96-101. 2004..Three-dimensional reconstruction of dermal-epidermal junction in LS revealed alterations of the BMZ, most pronounced at the level of the lamina densa and sublamina densa...
- A novel autosomal partially dominant mutation designated G476D in the keratin 5 gene causing epidermolysis bullosa simplex Weber-Cockayne type: a family study with a genetic twistCezary Kowalewski
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Mol Med 20:75-8. 2007..This observation suggests an additional effect of a recessively inherited mutation modulating the phenotypic expression of EBS caused by a partially dominant mutation and is important for accurate genetic counseling...
- Three-dimensional imaging reveals major changes in skin microvasculature in lipoid proteinosis and lichen sclerosusCezary Kowalewski
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
J Dermatol Sci 38:215-24. 2005..Both conditions have been reported to show abnormalities in dermal blood vessels but these changes have not been fully assessed...
- Alterations of basement membrane zone and cutaneous microvasculature in morphea and extragenital lichen sclerosusCezary Kowalewski
Department of Dermatology, University of Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
Am J Dermatopathol 27:489-96. 2005..The changes in the vascular network in morphea appear to be related to the activity of the disease...
- Novel and recurrent COL7A1 mutation in a Polish populationKatarzyna Wertheim-Tysarowska
Institute of Mother and Child, Department of Medical Genetics, Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Dermatol 22:23-8. 2012..In the dominant type of DEB, only p.G2043R was found to be recurrent and it was identified in 50% patients. Our results give further insight into the pathogenesis and epidemiology of DEB...
- Coexistence of psoriasis and pemphigoid--only a coincidence?Maciej Lazarczyk
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, 02 008 Warsaw, Poland
Int J Mol Med 18:619-23. 2006....
- Penicillin-induced anti-p200 pemphigoid: an unusual morphologyKatarzyna Wozniak
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, PL 02008 Warsaw, Poland
Acta Derm Venereol 86:443-6. 2006..Thus, we have expanded the clinical morphological spectrum of patients with anti-p200 pemphigoid and first described a patient whose disorder was probably drug-induced...
- IgA anti-p200 pemphigoidKatarzyna Wozniak
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, Koszykowa 82a St, 02 008 Warszawa, Poland
Arch Dermatol 147:1306-10. 2011..Immunologically, anti-p200 pemphigoid is characterized by the development of IgG antibodies directed against a basement membrane zone protein with a molecular weight of 200 kDa...
- Pathogenic activity of circulating anti-desmoglein-3 autoantibodies isolated from pemphigus vulgaris patientsJoanna Narbutt
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Arch Med Sci 8:347-56. 2012..The aim of the study was to compare biological activity of anti-Dsg3 autoantibodies purified from the sera of PV patients in active stage and in clinical remission...
- Temporal/spatial expression and efflux activity of ABC transporter, P-glycoprotein/Abcb1 isoforms and Bcrp/Abcg2 during early murine developmentWojciech T Sawicki
Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Gene Expr Patterns 6:738-46. 2006..Between 7 and 8 dpc, at the onset of organogenesis, the vehement surge of efflux-inactive embryonic cells occurred, and their number increased in 9 dpc embryos, which consequently contained few efflux-active cells...
- Circulating pemphigus autoantibodies in healthy relatives of pemphigus patients: coincidental phenomenon with a risk of disease development?Jolanta Dorota Torzecka
Laboratory of Immunodermatology, Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Arch Dermatol Res 299:239-43. 2007..001) or with seropositive healthy relatives (P < 0.001). The relevance of the presence of IgG4 autoantibodies in the healthy relatives' sera requires further studies that focus on their potential pathogenicity...
- Cicatricial pemphigoid vegetansKatarzyna Wozniak
Dermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Dermatol 46:299-302. 2007..After 4 weeks, prednisone was tapered and sulfasalazine was continued at a reduced dose of 0.5 g three times daily. At that time, only post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and atrophic scars were evident...
- Enzyme-linked Immunoassay Index for Anti-NC16a IgG and IgE Auto-antibodies Correlates with Severity and Activity of Bullous PemphigoidMonika Kalowska
Department of Dermatology and Immunodermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Derm Venereol 96:191-6. 2016..3% and 81% of patients with BP, respectively. This confirmed that ELISA for IgE anti-NC16a is a helpful parameter in the modification of current treatment and the assessment of risk of relapse in BP. ..
- The COL7A1 mutation databaseKatarzyna Wertheim-Tysarowska
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Mother and Child, Warsaw, Poland
Hum Mutat 33:327-31. 2012..separated values) data format download option. This compilation of COL7A1 data and nomenclature is aimed at assisting molecular and clinical geneticists to enhance the collaboration between researchers worldwide...
- A practical technique for differentiation of subepidermal bullous diseases: localization of in vivo-bound IgG by laser scanning confocal microscopyKatarzyna Wozniak
Departments of Dermatology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Arch Dermatol 139:1007-11. 2003..To develop a practical technique to distinguish autoimmune subepidermal bullous diseases...
- Coexistence of pemphigus foliaceus and acquired hemophilia A: A case reportAleksandra Filipczak
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Paediatric Dermatology, Lublin, Poland
J Dermatol 42:638-41. 2015..Based on coagulation tests, AHA was diagnosed. Simultaneous remission of pemphigus and coagulopathy occurred with immunosuppressants and recombinant activated factor VII. ..
- Thiram activates NF-kappaB and enhances ICAM-1 expression in human microvascular endothelial HMEC-1 cellsDagmara Kurpios-Piec
Department of Biochemistry, Medical University of Warsaw, Banacha 1, 02 097 Warsaw, Poland
Pestic Biochem Physiol 118:82-9. 2015..However, when it is present concurrently with pro-inflammatory cytokine TNF-α interferes with its action...
- Estimation of interaction between human keratinocytes and xenogenic collagen in vitroEwa Lesiak-Cyganowska
Department of Transplantology and Tissue Banking, University of Medicine, 02 004, Warsaw, Chalubinskiego 5, Poland
Cell Tissue Bank 7:39-46. 2006..On 10th day of culture, the presence of elements of basal membranes became less evident. Results give some hope for using xenogenic, modified collagen as support of keratinocytes culture in process of human skin engineering...
- Novel keratin 5 and 14 gene mutations in patients with epidermolysis bullosa simplex from PolandTakahiro Hamada
Department of Dermatology, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahimachi, Kurume, Fukuoka, 830 0011, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 296:577-9. 2005..However, no genotype-phenotype correlation was identified in families with EBS-WC. The present study demonstrates the first series of molecular genetic data in EBS from Poland...