Affiliation: Medical University
- The prevalence of mixed genotype infections in Polish patients with hepatitis CEwelina Gowin
Family Medicine Department, University of Medical Sciences, Przybyszewskiego 49, 60 355 Poznan, Poland Electronic address
Int J Infect Dis 43:13-6. 2016..The aim of this study was to determine the occurrence of mixed infection with two different HCV genotypes in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C eligible for treatment...
- Cardiac complications in children with Kawasaki disease in our own experienceEwelina Gowin
Department of Family Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland Specialist Mother and Child Healthcare Facility, Poznan, Poland
Kardiol Pol 74:75-82. 2016..The incidence of Kawasaki disease varies from 180 in Japan through 20 in United States to 5-8 in the European countries per 100,000 children younger than 5 years of age...
- Stimulating preventive procedures in primary care. Effect of PIUPOZ program on the delivery of preventive proceduresEwelina Gowin
Family Medicine Department, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Arch Med Sci 8:704-10. 2012..This study evaluated the effect of a multifactorial intervention, based on interactive workshops, on the GPs' knowledge and the delivery rates of preventive procedures in primary care...
- Don't forget how severe varicella can be--complications of varicella in children in a defined Polish populationEwelina Gowin
Family Medicine Department, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 49, Przybyszewskiego str, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Int J Infect Dis 17:e485-9. 2013..This study aimed to analyze the causes of hospitalization in children with varicella, based on a defined Polish population...
- British and Polish general practitioners' opinions on the importance of preventive medicineEwelina Gowin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Medical Sciences Poznań, 49 Przybyszewskiego Street, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Health Promot Int 26:171-6. 2011..In the presence of clear clinical guidelines, age and gender do not affect doctors' opinion on the importance of preventive procedures. Procedures in which GPs are directly involved are more important for them...
- Gender makes the difference: the influence of patients' gender on the delivery of preventive services in primary care in PolandEwelina Gowin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Medical Sciences, 49 Przybyszewskiego Street, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Qual Prim Care 17:343-50. 2009..General practitioners' (GPs') time and resources for preventive services needs to be delivered equitably. We aimed to study the effect of patients' gender on the delivery of preventive procedures to adult patients aged 40 years and over...
- Influence of lean and fat mass on bone mineral density (BMD) in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisJoanna Dytfeld
Department of Family Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Przybyszewskiego St 49, 60 533 Poznan, Poland
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 53:e237-42. 2011..In postmenopausal osteoporotic women with BMI > 20 kg/m(2) both fat and lean tissue might contribute to BMD. Positive association between body mass and BMD does not make obesity and osteoporosis mutually exclusive...
- Vaccine-Derived Immunity in Children With Cancer-Analysis of Anti-Tetanus and Anti-Diphtheria Antibodies Changes after Completion of Antineoplastic TherapyDanuta Januszkiewicz-Lewandowska
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Human Genetics Polish Academy of Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Pediatr Blood Cancer 62:2108-13. 2015..The aim of the study was to compare the levels of vaccine-derived antibodies in children with cancer compared to those of healthy children and to investigate how therapy influences the levels of specific antibodies...
- The attractiveness of family medicine among Polish medical studentsEwelina Gowin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Medical Sciences Poznań, Poland
Eur J Gen Pract 20:121-4. 2014..The long study period for medical doctors creates the opportunity to observe the current career preferences of medical students and evolution in time...
- Association between estrogen receptor alpha gene polymorphisms and bone mineral density in Polish female patients with Graves' diseaseMagdalena Ignaszak-Szczepaniak
Center of Metabolic Bone Diseases and Department of Family Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 58:101-9. 2011..However, none of the ESR1 gene alleles predict the risk of GD in Polish female patients...