- The "Tokyo" consensus on propeller flaps
Department of Plastic Surgery, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Plast Reconstr Surg 127:716-22. 2011
..Because no consensus has yet been reached on terminology and nomenclature of the propeller flap, different and confusing uses of the term can be found in the literature...
- High-density hyaluronic acid for the treatment of HIV-related facial lipoatrophy
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Policlinico di Modena, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Aesthetic Plast Surg 36:180-5. 2012
..The objective of our study was to verify the safety and efficacy of a new formulation of high-density hyaluronic acid for the injectable treatment of HIV-related facial lipoatrophy...
- Effects of silicone expanders and implants on echocardiographic image quality after breast reconstruction
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Policlinico di Modena, Modena, Italy
Plast Reconstr Surg 132:271-8. 2013
..This study investigates whether the echocardiographic image quality was impaired in women reconstructed with silicone expanders and implants...
- Late partial failure of a free ALT flap
St Andrew s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns, Broomfield Hospital, Mid Essex Hospitals NHS Trust, Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 65:e124-7. 2012
..In patients carrying multiple risk factors for peripheral vascular disease, the risk of proximal vessel occlusion as a cause of flap failure, should be kept in mind...
- Desmoplastic trichoepithelioma confused with cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in childhood
St Andrew s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 7ET, United Kingdom
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 64:e92-4. 2011
..Recurrence or appearance of new lesions is rare. The diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma in a child without predisposing factors should be accepted with great caution and only after expert histological review...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of polyacrylamide hydrogel injection in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-related facial lipoatrophy: a 5-year follow-up
Giorgio De Santis
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, HIV Metabolic Clinic, Modena, Italy
Plast Reconstr Surg 129:101-9. 2012
..Concern regarding potential long-term complications of nonbiodegradable fillers remains. The authors investigated the long-term efficacy and safety of polyacrylamide gel injections...
- Freestyle pedicled perforator flaps: safety, prevention of complications, and management based on 85 consecutive cases
Chirurgia Plastica e Ricostruttiva, Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche ed Oncologiche, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, and Chirurgia Plastica e Ricostruttiva, Policlinico di Modena, Palermo and Modena, Italy
Plast Reconstr Surg 128:892-906. 2011
..In this article, the authors report on their experience with 85 consecutive cases, focusing on incidence, prevention, and management of complications...
- Adipose stromal/stem cells assist fat transplantation reducing necrosis and increasing graft performance
Maria Serena Piccinno
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Marrow Transplantation, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences for Children and Adults, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena Policlinic, Modena, 41100, Italy
Apoptosis 18:1274-89. 2013
..By a novel ASC assisted AFT approach we ensure a reduction in early cell death favoring an enduring graft performance possibly for a more stable benefit in patients...