Affiliation: Philip Morris Research Laboratories
- Facilitating meta-analyses by deriving relative effect and precision estimates for alternative comparisons from a set of estimates presented by exposure level or disease categoryJan Hamling
P N Lee Statistics and Computing Ltd, 17 Cedar Road, Sutton, Surrey, U K
Stat Med 27:954-70. 2008..The method allows the use of a more consistent comparison when summarizing published evidence, thus potentially improving the reliability of a meta-analysis...
- Meta-analysis of the relation between European and American smokeless tobacco and oral cancerRolf Weitkunat
PMI Research and Development, Philip Morris Products S, A, Neuchatel, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 7:334. 2007..We report a detailed quantitative review of the evidence in American and European smokeless tobacco users, and compare our findings with previous reviews and meta-analyses...
- Effectiveness of strategies to increase the validity of findings from association studies: size vs. replicationRolf Weitkunat
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, R and D, Philip Morris International, Neuchatel, Switzerland
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:47. 2010..Increasing the sample size is of limited efficiency to improve the situation...
- Occupational acrylonitrile exposure and lung cancer: a meta-analysisZheng Sponsiello-Wang
Philip Morris Products SA, Research and Development, Product Risk Management, Quai Jeanrenaud 56, Neuchatel, Switzerland
J Environ Sci Health C Environ Carcinog Ecotoxicol Rev 24:257-84. 2006..Therefore, a 25% increase in lung cancer risk attributable to occupational acrylonitrile exposure is suggested. Possible contribution of smoking confounding the increased risk cannot be fully excluded...
- Systematic review of the relation between smokeless tobacco and non-neoplastic oral diseases in Europe and the United StatesGerd Kallischnigg
Philip Morris Products S, A, PMI Research and Development, Neuchatel, Switzerland
BMC Oral Health 8:13. 2008..This review considers studies from Europe (in practice mainly Scandinavia) and from the USA...
- Systematic review of the relation between smokeless tobacco and cancer of the pancreas in Europe and North AmericaZheng Sponsiello-Wang
Philip Morris Products S A, PMI Research and Development, Neuchatel, Switzerland
BMC Cancer 8:356. 2008..We present a systematic review of studies from North America and Europe, since data are lacking from other continents. Risk is also difficult to quantify elsewhere due to the various products, compositions and usage practices involved...
- Does the use of ingredients added to tobacco increase cigarette addictiveness?: a detailed analysisEdward Sanders
Edward Sanders Scientific Consulting, Neuchatel, Switzerland
Inhal Toxicol 24:227-45. 2012..Overall these results strongly suggest that ingredients used in the manufacture of traditional blended cigarettes do not increase the inherent addictiveness of cigarettes...