- Psychosocial functioning on the Independent Living Skills Survey in older outpatients with schizophrenia
San Diego State University University of California San Diego, Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego, CA, USA
Schizophr Res 69:307-16. 2004
..Information provided by the instrument might be useful to guide rehabilitation efforts and measure functioning changes in response to treatment in this population...
- Randomized controlled trial of cognitive behavioral social skills training for older people with schizophrenia: 12-month follow-up
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, Calif 92161, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:730-7. 2007
..We developed a 24-session weekly group therapy intervention labeled Cognitive Behavioral Social Skills Training (CBSST), which combined cognitive-behavioral therapy with social skills and problem-solving training to improve functioning...
- A randomized, controlled trial of cognitive behavioral social skills training for middle-aged and older outpatients with chronic schizophrenia
Department of Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System 116B, 3350 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:520-9. 2005
..The authors compared treatment as usual with the combination of treatment as usual plus cognitive behavioral social skills training...
- Effortful cognitive resource allocation and negative symptom severity in chronic schizophrenia
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System 116B, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:831-42. 2007
..The relationship between negative symptoms, early visual information-processing deficits, and effortful processing resource allocation was investigated...
- Social behavior, interaction appraisals, and suicidal ideation in schizophrenia: The dangers of being alone
Colin A Depp
Department of Psychiatry, UC San Diego, La Jolla, CA, United States VA San Diego Healthcare System, La Jolla, CA, United States Electronic address
Schizophr Res 172:195-200. 2016
..Cognitive therapy interventions that address negative expectations and pleasure about social interactions, especially when alone, may reduce suicidal ideation. ..
- Enhancing assertive community treatment with cognitive behavioral social skills training for schizophrenia: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System 116B, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA, 92161, USA
Trials 16:438. 2015
..e., Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) teams) commonly available to persons with schizophrenia results in better consumer outcomes. We will also identify key factors relevant to developing future CBSST implementation strategies...