- Assessing quality of life in middle-aged and older adults with HIV: psychometric testing of the WHOQOL-HIV-Bref
Faculdade de Psicologia e Ciencias da Educacao, Universidade de Coimbra, Rua do Colégio Novo, Apartado 6153, 3001 802, Coimbra, Portugal
Qual Life Res 23:2473-9. 2014
- Quality of life and emotional distress among HIV-positive women during transition to motherhood
Instituto de Psicologia Cognitiva, Desenvolvimento Vocacional e Social, Faculdade de Psicologia e Ciências da Educação da Universidade de Coimbra, Rua do Colégio Novo, Apartado 6153, 3001 802 Coimbra, Portugal
Span J Psychol 15:1303-14. 2012
..Longitudinal assessment of QOL and emotional status may provide potentially useful information for tailoring psychological interventions in the maternity care of HIV-infected women, during their transition to motherhood...
- Relational contexts in adjustment to pregnancy of HIV-positive women: relationships, social support and personal adjustment
Foundation for Science and Technology SFRH BD 19126 2004, Unit of Psychological Intervention UnIP of Maternity Doctor Daniel de Matos University of Coimbra Hospitals, Coimbra, Portugal
AIDS Care 21:301-8. 2009
..At the same time, it seems to highlight the buffering hypothesis of social support, which could be understood as a protection factor in the adjustment of HIV-infected women' to pregnancy...
- Gender and age differences in quality of life and the impact of psychopathological symptoms among HIV-infected patients
Foundation for Science and Technology, Institute of Cognitive Psychology, Vocational and Social Development, University of Coimbra, Portugal
AIDS Behav 15:1857-69. 2011
..Understanding gender and age differences (and their interaction) may provide potentially useful information for planning interventions to improve QoL and mental health among people infected with HIV/AIDS, especially among older women...
- Quality of life assessment in HIV-infection: validation of the European Portuguese version of WHOQOL-HIV
Maria C Canavarro
University of Coimbra, Portugal
AIDS Care 23:187-94. 2011
..The reliability and validity studies of the European Portuguese version of the WHOQOL-HIV revealed good psychometric characteristics, which allows for the use of this version of WHOQOL in our country, and cross-cultural comparability...
- Factor structure and psychometric properties of the European Portuguese version of a questionnaire to assess quality of life in HIV-infected adults: the WHOQOL-HIV-Bref
Maria C Canavarro
Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Coimbra, Portugal
AIDS Care 24:799-807. 2012
..This instrument showed to be a cross-culturally valid measure of quality of life, particularly useful when addressing the impact of HIV not only on physical and psychological well-being but also on several domains beyond health...
- Quality of life of sarcoma patients from diagnosis to treatments: predictors and longitudinal trajectories
Institute of Cognitive Psychology, Vocational and Social Development, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Oncol Nurs 15:492-9. 2011
..Demographic and clinical predictors of QoL during treatments are also explored...
- Prevalence and correlates of emotional distress in HIV/HCV coinfection
a Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
AIDS Care 26:S56-64. 2014
..Additionally, these data reinforce the need for tailored interventions to improve the overall well-being of both HIV and HIV/HCV patients. ..
- Development and psychometric properties of the World Health Organization Quality of Life Assessment Instrument (WHOQOL-100) in Portugal
Maria Cristina Canavarro
Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Coimbra, Apartado 6153, 3001 802 Coimbra, Portugal
Int J Behav Med 16:116-24. 2009
..At the beginning of the 1990s, the World Health Organization (WHO) developed a project in order to create a cross-cultural instrument of quality of life assessment: the World Health Organization Quality of Life (WHOQOL)...