- Multimarker approach for identifying and documenting mitigation of cardiovascular risk
Marc S Penn
Cleveland Heart Lab, 6701 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Future Cardiol 9:497-506. 2013
..We discuss a novel multimarker panel for cardiovascular risk, define the differences between a multimarker approach and expensive amalgamations of multiple markers, and discuss how the field may develop in the future...
- Stem cells for myocardial regeneration
M S Penn
Department of Integrative Medical Sciences, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, Ohio, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:499-501. 2011
..In this brief review, we attempt to conceptualize the knowledge to date as well as examine how this knowledge has been translated to various therapeutic strategies...
- Isolevuglandin-protein adducts in humans: products of free radical-induced lipid oxidation through the isoprostane pathway
R G Salomon
Department of Chemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 7078, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1485:225-35. 2000
..That isoLG-protein adduct levels are more strongly correlated with disease than are total cholesterol or apoB suggests an independent defect that results in an abnormally high level of oxidative injury associated with AS and RD...
- Does coronary angiography before emergency aortic surgery affect in-hospital mortality?
M S Penn
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 35:889-94. 2000
..To study the relationship between coronary angiography and in-hospital mortality in patients undergoing emergency surgery of the aorta without a history of coronary revascularization or coronary angiography before the onset of symptoms...
- Incremental prognostic value of elevated baseline C-reactive protein among established markers of risk in percutaneous coronary intervention
D P Chew
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 104:992-7. 2001
..Coupled anatomic, clinical, and inflammatory risk stratification demonstrates strong predictive utility among patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention and may be useful for guiding future strategies...
- Association between myeloperoxidase levels and risk of coronary artery disease
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, NC-10, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
JAMA 286:2136-42. 2001
..These findings support a potential role for MPO as an inflammatory marker in CAD and may have implications for atherosclerosis diagnosis and risk assessment...
- Plasmid-based transient human stromal cell-derived factor-1 gene transfer improves cardiac function in chronic heart failure
Skirball Laboratory for Cardiovascular Cellular Therapeutics, Department of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gene Ther 18:867-73. 2011
..These data demonstrate that stand-alone non-viral hSDF-1 gene transfer is a strategy for improving cardiac function in ischemic cardiomyopathy...