- Immunoconfirmation of central nervous system tuberculosis by blotting: A study of 300 cases
Department of Neuromicrobiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences NIMHANS, Bangalore, Karnataka, India Electronic address
Int J Mycobacteriol 4:124-30. 2015
..ELISA is sensitive with mild non-specific binding, but Western blot is specific in detecting the immune response. The findings will be useful in definitive immunodiagnosis of TBM. ..
- Diagnosis of myasthenia gravis: Comparison of anti-nicotinic acetyl choline receptor antibodies, repetitive nerve stimulation and Neostigmine tests at a tertiary neuro care centre in India, a ten year study
Shripad A Patil
Department of Neuromicrobiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560029, India Electronic address
J Neuroimmunol 292:81-4. 2016
..Neostigmine test showed higher positivity than anti-nAChR antibodies and RNS test in both groups. A marginal to fair agreement was observed between these tests highlighting their significance in the diagnosis of the disease. ..
- Comparative evaluation of ELISA and dot-blot for the diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis
Shripad A Patil
Department of Neuromicrobiology, National Institute of Medical Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, India
J Immunoassay Immunochem 34:404-13. 2013
..9% showed positivity by Dot-blot and 4.4% by ELISA. Both methods did not differ significantly as seen by Fisher's exact test (p = 0.50). Thus, Dot-blot could be an easy alternative to ELISA for quick diagnosis of TBM...
- Possible significance of anti-heat shock protein (HSP-65) antibodies in autoimmune myasthenia gravis
S A Patil
Department of Neuro Microbiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560029, India
J Neuroimmunol 257:107-9. 2013
..5% IgG, 55% IgA, 40% IgM). The result suggests that, expression of HSP-65 increases in MG and most individuals produce antibodies to it. These antibodies might play a significant role in the pathogenesis of MG...
- Significance of antibody detection in the diagnosis of cryptococcal meningitis
Shripad A Patil
National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Neuromicrobiology, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
J Immunoassay Immunochem 33:140-8. 2012
..Antibody detection assay would be a viable alternative, which has 83% sensitivity and 100% specificity. Thus the presently described test aids in immunodiagnosis of cryptococcal infection...
- Enhanced antibody activity in serum depleted of antigen
S A Patil
Department of Microbiology, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
J Immunoassay Immunochem 22:407-11. 2001
..It, therefore, appears that the avidity of the probing monoclonal antibody may detach the antigen from the loosely attached complexes and renders the complexed antibody free, thus increasing the reactive antibody molecules in the serum...
- Do cytokines have any role in Wilson's disease?
M K Goyal
Department of Neurology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
Clin Exp Immunol 154:74-9. 2008
..01). Serum cytokines, both proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory subtypes, were elevated significantly in patients with WD. Further studies would establish their role in its pathogenesis...
- Effect of D-penicillamine on neuromuscular junction in patients with Wilson disease
R N Komal Kumar
Department of Neurology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Neurology 63:935-6. 2004
- Do cytokines have any role in epilepsy?
Department of Neurology, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
Epilepsy Res 82:171-6. 2008
..We analyzed cytokines levels in patients with epilepsy and new onset seizure and correlated it with various parameters...
- Disseminated crytococcosis with extensive cutaneous involvement in AIDS
S N Dharmshale
Department of Microbiology, Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospital, Mumbai 400 008, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 24:228-30. 2006
..The CD4 lymphocytes count was 80/cmm. The HIV viral load was 2,48,084 copies/mL. She was treated with amphotericin B injectable and oral fluconazole. She responded well and lesions regressed...