- The association between vitamin d status and recurrent wheezing
Infancy Service, Ankara Children s Health and Diseases Hematology Oncology Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Indian J Pediatr 80:907-10. 2013
..To investigate association between vitamin D status and recurrent wheezing in infants...
- Differences in iron deficiency anemia and mean platelet volume between children with simple and complex febrile seizures
the Ministry of Health, Ankara Children s Health and Diseases Hematology Oncology, Education and Research Hospital, Infancy Service, Turkey
Seizure 21:211-4. 2012
..The aim of our study is to find out the differences regarding iron deficiency anemia, demographic characteristics and mean platelet volume (MPV) which is an inflammatory marker between simple and complex febrile seizure groups...
- Acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis due to the use of valproic acid in a child
Department of Pediatrics, Ankara Diskapi Children s Hospital, Turkey
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 12:141-3. 2008
..The symptoms of pancreatitis subsided within 2 weeks after discontinuation of VPA. It seems that the prognosis of VPA-associated acute pancreatitis depends on early diagnosis, timely withdrawal of the offending agent and the treatment...
- The relationship between vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and bone density, osteocalcin level and growth in adolescents
Health Ministry Ankara Diskapi Children s Hospital, Infancy Service, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:491-6. 2010
..The relationship between vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and bone density, osteocalcin and growth was investigated...
- Valproate-associated coagulopathies in children during short-term treatment
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Ankara Diskapi Children s Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Child Neurol 24:1493-8. 2009
..To the best of our knowledge, our report is the first in the medical literature, which describes that valproate significantly reduces factor VII levels even during short-term therapy...
- Factors playing a role in the development of decreased bone mineral density in juvenile chronic arthritis
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 23:127-9. 2003
..The aims of this study were to evaluate bone mineral density (BMD) in patients with juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA), compare them with healthy controls, and assess the effects of disease activity and corticosteroid treatment on BMD...
- Management of central diabetes insipidus with oral desmopressin in a patient with ectrodactyly and cleft lip/palate (ECP) syndrome
Ankara Diskapi Children s Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 51:89-93. 2009
..As an alternative to the nasal route, long-term management was achieved using oral route and she had a favorable growth and development during infancy...