- An open trial of morning light therapy for treatment of antepartum depression
Dan A Oren
Pychiatry Department, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:666-9. 2002
..No pharmacotherapy is specifically approved for antepartum depression; novel treatment approaches may be welcome. The authors explored the use of morning bright light therapy for antepartum depression...
- Randomized clinical trial of bright light therapy for antepartum depression: preliminary findings
C Neill Epperson
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, University Towers Suite 2H, 100 York Street, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:421-5. 2004
..Bright light therapy was shown to be a promising treatment for depression during pregnancy in a recent open-label study. In an extension of this work, we report findings from a double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study...
- Addition of the alpha2-antagonist yohimbine to fluoxetine: effects on rate of antidepressant response
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:1166-71. 2004
..The addition of the alpha2-antagonist yohimbine to fluoxetine appears to hasten the antidepressant response. There is also a trend suggesting an increased percentage of responders to the combined treatment at the end of the 6-week trial...
- Lack of a therapeutic effect of a 2-week sub-threshold transcranial magnetic stimulation course for treatment-resistant depression
Nashaat N Boutros
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Psychiatry Res 113:245-54. 2002
..The duration of the therapeutic effects of rTMS delivered to the left prefrontal cortex using the above-described parameters is highly variable...
- Monoamine depletion in unmedicated depressed subjects
Robert M Berman
Abraham Ribicoff Center Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit of the Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Biol Psychiatry 51:469-73. 2002
..This study assesses the integrated role of these monoamine systems in depressed patients...
- Effects of light on low nocturnal bilirubin in winter depression: a preliminary report
Dan A Oren
VA Connecticut Healthcare System and Yale School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Biol Psychiatry 51:422-5. 2002
..It has been proposed that circulating bilirubin serves as a photoreceptor, in part because of its similarity to the chromophore of phytochrome, a primary time-setting plant molecule...
- Circadian phase shifting, alerting, and antidepressant effects of bright light treatment
Teodor T Postolache
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 685 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Clin Sports Med 24:381-413, xii. 2005
..This article discusses the therapeutic use of bright light treatment, its side effects, and mechanisms of action...
- Brightening depression
Science 303:467-9. 2004