- Rheumatic heart disease in Uganda: the association between MHC class II HLA DR alleles and disease: a case control study
Department of Medicine, Makerere University Uganda Heart Institute, Ward 1C, Mulago Hospital Complex, PO Box 7051, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 14:28. 2014
..However, there is paucity of data from sub-Saharan Africa. This study compares the frequency of HLA class II DR alleles between RHD cases and normal controls in Uganda...
- Combined statin/coenzyme Q10 as adjunctive treatment of chronic heart failure
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, 238 Jiefang Road, 430060 Wuhan City, China
Med Hypotheses 73:306-8. 2009
- Socioeconomic and environmental risk factors among rheumatic heart disease patients in Uganda
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
PLoS ONE 7:e43917. 2012
..Although low socioeconomic status, and environmental factors are known risk factors for rheumatic heart disease in other societies, risk factors for rheumatic heart disease remain less well described in Uganda...
- Bone marrow stem cells implantation with alpha-cyclodextrin/MPEG-PCL-MPEG hydrogel improves cardiac function after myocardial infarction
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, People s Republic of China
Acta Biomater 5:2939-44. 2009
..This study indicated that the injection of BMSCs with alpha-cyclodextrin/MPEG-PCL-MPEG hydrogel was an effective strategy which could enhance the effect of cellular transplantation therapy for myocardial infarction...
- Benzathine penicillin adherence for secondary prophylaxis among patients affected with rheumatic heart disease attending Mulago Hospital
Department of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Cardiovasc J Afr 24:124-9. 2013
- Cardiovascular complications in newly diagnosed rheumatic heart disease patients at Mulago Hospital, Uganda
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Uganda
Cardiovasc J Afr 24:80-5. 2013
..Due to lack of screening services, many patients present late, with severe valve disease. In Uganda, the disease and its complications are still not well studied...
- Cardiovascular risk factors among patients with chronic kidney disease attending a tertiary hospital in Uganda
Department of Medicine, Gulu University, Gulu, Uganda
Cardiovasc J Afr 26:177-80. 2015
..Local data about cardiovascular risk factors among CKD patients is generally scanty...
- Presenting features of newly diagnosed rheumatic heart disease patients in Mulago Hospital: a pilot study
Uganda Heart Institute and Department of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Cardiovasc J Afr 24:28-33. 2013
- Pattern and presentation of cardiac diseases among patients with chronic kidney disease attending a national referral hospital in Uganda: a cross sectional study
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Gulu University, Gulu, Uganda
BMC Nephrol 16:126. 2015
..We determined the prevalence and patterns of cardiac diseases among patients with chronic kidney disease attending the nephrology outpatient clinic in Mulago National Referral Hospital in Uganda...
- Injectable hydrogel helps bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells restore infarcted myocardium
Xiao Yan Li
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Cardiology 115:194-9. 2010
..The present study was performed to investigate whether implantation of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells (BMMNCs) encapsulated in hydrogel could increase cell engraftment and help to restore cardiac function of MI rabbits...
- Brief Report: Prevalence of Latent Rheumatic Heart Disease Among HIV-Infected Children in Kampala, Uganda
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH Joint Clinical Research Center, Kampala, Uganda Makerere University School of Medicine, Kampala, Uganda and Uganda Heart Institute, Kampala, Uganda
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 71:196-9. 2016
..82% (95% confidence interval: 0.26% to 2.23%), which is lower than the published prevalence rates of 1.5%-4% among Ugandan children. There may be protective factors that decrease the risk of RHD in HIV-infected children. ..
- Atrial autonomic innervation remodelling and atrial fibrillation inducibility after epicardial ganglionic plexi ablation
Qing Yan Zhao
Cardiovascular Research Institute of Wuhan University, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, 238 Jiefang Road, Wuchang, Wuhan City 430060, People s Republic of China
Europace 12:805-10. 2010
..The effects of ganglionated plexi (GP) ablation on atrial fibrillation (AF) inducibility and atrial autonomic innervation remodelling have not been elucidated...