- Ventilator-associated pneumonia in patients using HME filters and heated humidifiers
Division of Internal Medicine Nursing, Nursing Department, Faculty of Health Sciences, Marmara University, Tibbiye Caddesi, No 49, Haydarpasa Campus, Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Ir J Med Sci 182:651-5. 2013
..Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) is a clinical form of hospital-associated pneumonia, which may develop within 48 h in patients on mechanical ventilation who had no pre-existing pneumonia at the time of intubation...
- Symptoms and strategies in heart failure self-management in Turkey [corrected]
Nursing School of Marmara University, Uskudar, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Nurs Rev 55:462-7. 2008
..Patients with heart failure can live longer and achieve a better quality of life by learning about the symptoms and management of the disease and about associated changes required in the lifestyle and by controlling symptoms...
- [Adaptation of the compliance and belief scales to Turkish for patients with chronic heart failure]
Marmara Üniversitesi Sağlık Bilimleri Fakültesi Hemşirelik Bölümü, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 38:480-5. 2010
- Doppler study of myometrium in invasive gestational trophoblastic disease
Zekai Tahir Burak Women Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:972-9. 2004
..In this prospective study, we aimed to assess the prognostic and diagnostic role of color Doppler flow of myometrium in patients with invasive gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD)...
- Toriello-Carey syndrome in a Turkish newborn
Division of Neonatology, Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Genet Couns 20:243-7. 2009
..We describe the findings in a Turkish newborn, presumed to be another example of the Toriello-Carey syndrome, which extends the phenotype of the syndrome...
- Respiratory syncytial virus outbreak defined by rapid screening in a neonatal intensive care unit
E A Dizdar
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Health and Education Hospital, Hamamonu, Ankara, Turkey
J Hosp Infect 75:292-4. 2010
..To our knowledge this is the largest RSV outbreak in a NICU to be identified at an early stage by rapid testing and effectively controlled by infection control measures and palivizumab prophylaxis...
- Oral probiotics: Lactobacillus sporogenes for prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis in very low-birth weight infants: a randomized, controlled trial
F N Sari
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Zekai Tahir Burak Maternity and Teaching Hospital, Altindag Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:434-9. 2011
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of orally administered L sporogenes in reducing the incidence and severity of NEC in very low-birth weight (VLBW) infants...
- A case of congenital warfarin syndrome due to maternal drug administration during the pregnancy
Department of Neonatology, Zekai Tahir Burak Maternity Teaching Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Genet Couns 22:221-6. 2011
..We want to emphasize that risk-benefit ratio should be well weighed by both obstetricians and cardiologists when considering warfarin therapy for a woman at childbearing age...