- 5-azacytidine improves the osteogenic differentiation potential of aged human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells by DNA demethylation
Siegfried Weller Institute for Trauma Research, BG Trauma Center, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e90846. 2014
..Our data show, for the first time, a decrease of DNA hydroxymethylation in Ad-MSCs which correlates with donor-age and that treatment with 5-Azacytidine provides an approach which could be used to rejuvenate Ad-MSCs from aged donors. ..
- Increased oxidative stress response in granulocytes from older patients with a hip fracture may account for slow regeneration
Traumatology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Straße 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany Department of Surgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2014:819847. 2014
..This makes aged granulocytes vulnerable to the stress stimuli of the fracture and following surgery. ..
- Chronic CCl4 intoxication causes liver and bone damage similar to the human pathology of hepatic osteodystrophy: a mouse model to analyse the liver-bone axis
Andreas K Nussler
Siegfried Weller Institute for Trauma Research, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Schnarrenbergstraße 95, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Arch Toxicol 88:997-1006. 2014
..This fast response and easy transferability makes it an ideal model to investigate specific gene functions in HOD. ..
- Report of the 3rd Royan Summer School in Tehran, Iran (14th July-19th July 2012)
BG Trauma Center, Eberhard Karls Uniersität Tübingen, Schnarrenbergstraße 95, 72076, Tübingen, Germany
Stem Cell Rev 9:119-20. 2013
..The course, which covered essential concepts of stem cells, pluripotent stem cells, adult stem cells, tissue engineering and ethics, was attended by more than 400 students from all over Iran and from the Middle East...
- Cell therapeutic options in liver diseases: cell types, medical devices and regulatory issues
Andreas K Nussler
Department of Traumatology, MRI, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675, Munich, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 22:1087-99. 2011
..We here briefly summarize the possible cell types used to partially or temporarily correct liver diseases, the most recent development of bioreactor technology and important regulatory issues...
- Protective role of HO-1 for alcohol-dependent liver damage
A K Nussler
Department of Traumatology, MRI, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Dig Dis 28:792-8. 2010
..Induction of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) may protect primary human hepatocytes (hHeps) from such damage. Thus, the aim of this study was to investigate the potential of polyphenols to protect hHeps from ethanol-dependent oxidative damage...
- Therapeutic peritoneal lavage with warm saline solution as an option for a critical hypothermic trauma patient
Department of Traumatology, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Schnarrenbergstrasse 95, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 126:56-61. 2014
..After 40 days in the ICU, recovery was fast, and another month of treatment later, she could be discharged back home without any discomfort...
- Differentiation of human CD14+ monocytes: an experimental investigation of the optimal culture medium and evidence of a lack of differentiation along the endothelial line
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Exp Mol Med 48:e227. 2016
..There is no further benefit in culturing monocytes longer than 7 days. The cultivation of monocytes in the tested media leads preferentially to differentiation into macrophages. Differentiation into endothelial cells did not take place. ..
- Malnutrition - An underestimated factor in the inpatient treatment of traumatology and orthopedic patients: A prospective evaluation of 1055 patients
Siegfried Weller Institute for Trauma Research, BG Trauma Center Tübingen, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Schnarrenbergstraße 95, 72076 Tubingen, Germany Electronic address
Injury . 2017
..The objective of the present study was to (1) analyze the prevalence of malnutrition in hospitalized orthopedic and trauma patients and (2) to evaluate the relationship between malnutrition and selected clinical outcomes...
- The possible use of stem cells in regenerative medicine: dream or reality?
Department of Traumatology, TU Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:985-97. 2009
..We here briefly review the literature in particularly for the liver, heart, kidney, cartilage, and bone regeneration...
- Posttranslational modification of vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein, but not JNK inhibition, is the antiviral mechanism of SP600125
Department of Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Virol 86:4844-55. 2012
..In contrast to previous reports, we show that JNK inhibition by the inhibitor SP600125 is not responsible for VSV attenuation in HCC cells and that this compound acts by causing a posttranslational modification of the viral glycoprotein...