Lorenz M Mayr
Affiliation: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- SpeedScreen: The "missing link" between genomics and lead discoveryHartmut Zehender
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Discovery Technologies Basel Screening Operations, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Biomol Screen 9:498-505. 2004..Advantages and limitations of SpeedScreen compared to alternative screening technologies are discussed, and an example is given from a SpeedScreen campaign applying this innovative affinity selection concept in HTS...
- Development and implementation of a highly miniaturized confocal 2D-FIDA-based high-throughput screening assay to search for active site modulators of the human heat shock protein 90betaAlain Schilb
Novartis Institute for Biomolecular Research, Discovery Technologies, Basel, Switzerland
J Biomol Screen 9:569-77. 2004..The assay is used to identify small molecular weight compounds displacing TAMRA-radicicol. Such compounds are believed to be important molecules in the discovery of novel anticancer drugs...
- The future of high-throughput screeningLorenz M Mayr
Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research, Center of Proteomic Chemistry, Basel, Switzerland
J Biomol Screen 13:443-8. 2008..The authors predict that, ultimately, each hit-finding strategy will be much more project related, tailor-made, and better integrated into the broader drug discovery efforts...
- Structural analysis of the mitotic regulator hPin1 in solution: insights into domain architecture and substrate bindingElena Bayer
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology, Otto Hahn Strasse 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:26183-93. 2003..In the absence of sulfate and/or reducing agent this residue seems to promote aggregation, as observed in hPin1 solutions in vitro...
- Novel trends in high-throughput screeningLorenz M Mayr
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Center of Proteomic Chemistry, Protease Platform, Novartis Campus, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Curr Opin Pharmacol 9:580-8. 2009..We predict that, ultimately, each hit finding strategy will be much more project-related, tailor-made, and better integrated into the broader drug discovery efforts...
- Tackling the chemogenomic space by novel screening technologiesL M Mayr
Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research, Discovery Technologies Lead Discovery Center, Basel, Switzerland
Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop . 2006..Taken together, these novel screening technologies enable novel approaches for chemogenomic research that would have not been possible in the past...
- Single fluorescent protein-based Ca2+ sensors with increased dynamic rangeEkaterina A Souslova
Shemiakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, RAS, Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, Moscow, Russia
BMC Biotechnol 7:37. 2007....
- Time reduction and process optimization of the baculovirus expression system for more efficient recombinant protein production in insect cellsBjorn Philipps
Discovery Technologies, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Protein Expr Purif 42:211-8. 2005..This new expression system is a significant step forward towards industrialized protein production in both, industry and academia...
- Development of a novel Gateway-based vector system for efficient, multiparallel protein expression in Escherichia coliFelix Freuler
Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research NIBR, Center for Proteomic Chemistry CPC, Forum 1, Novartis Campus, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Protein Expr Purif 59:232-41. 2008..In summary, this system has some benefits over the widely used and commercially available Gateway standard system, and it enables many different combinations for expression constructs from a single gene of interest...
- Application of mass spectrometry technologies for the discovery of low-molecular weight modulators of enzymes and protein-protein interactionsHartmut Zehender
Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research NIBR, WSJ 350 1 14, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Curr Opin Chem Biol 11:511-7. 2007....
- New methods for efficient protein production in drug discoveryLukas Leder
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Center for Proteomic Chemistry, WSJ 88 6 02A, Lichtstrasse 35, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 10:193-202. 2007..In addition, several techniques allow the attachment of small molecular labels to proteins in a site-specific manner, which can be highly useful for various important experimental techniques in current drug discovery...
- Optimization of protein expression systems for modern drug discoveryMichael Forstner
Protein Expression and Purification Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research, Discovery Technologies Lead Discovery Center CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Expert Rev Proteomics 4:67-78. 2007..In addition, the big challenges of recombinant overexpression of membrane and secreted proteins are tackled, and some new methods are reviewed...
- Readout technologies for highly miniaturized kinase assays applicable to high-throughput screening in a 1536-well formatMartin Klumpp
Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
J Biomol Screen 11:617-33. 2006..Therefore, the target-specific selection of the most appropriate readout technology is recommended to ensure maximal relevance of HTS campaigns...
- Baculovirus expression system for magnetic sorting of infected cells and enhanced titer determinationBjorn Philipps
Novartis Pharma AG, Lead Discovery Center LDC, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Biotechniques 36:80-3. 2004....
- A chemoinformatics analysis of hit lists obtained from high-throughput affinity-selection screeningNathan Brown
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
J Biomol Screen 11:123-30. 2006....
- A baculovirus expression vector system for simultaneous protein expression in insect and mammalian cellsBjorn Philipps
Discovery Technologies, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Biotechnol Prog 21:708-11. 2005..This reduces time and effort for finding appropriate expression conditions in various hosts...
- Knowledge-based virtual screening: application to the MDM4/p53 protein-protein interactionEdgar Jacoby
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Methods Mol Biol 575:173-94. 2009..Novel, selective and dual hits are discovered for both systems. A hit rate analysis will be provided compared to the full HTS (High-throughput Screening)...
- Proteinase-activated receptors (PARs)--the PAR3 Neo-N-terminal peptide TFRGAP interacts with PAR1Roland Kaufmann
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, Research Center Lobeda, Medical Faculty at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747 Jena, Germany
Regul Pept 125:61-6. 2005..These studies provide evidence that analogues of the PAR3 tethered ligand can mediate cell signaling by interaction with PAR1-type thrombin receptors...
- A new high affinity binding site for suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 on the erythropoietin receptorMichael Hortner
Bayer Pharma Research Center, Wuppertal, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:2516-26. 2002....
- Solution structure of human GABA(A) receptor-associated protein GABARAP: implications for biolgoical funcrion and its regulationThomas Stangler
Institut fur Molekulare Biotechnologie, Beutenbergstr 11, 07745 Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:13363-6. 2002..The possible biological relevance of these observations for the regulation of GABARAP interactions and functions is discussed...