- Evidence-based diagnosis, health care, and rehabilitation for children with cerebral palsy
Cerebral Palsy Alliance, University of Notre Dame, Australia
J Child Neurol 29:1141-56. 2014
..Finally, (5) What can we expect? Predictors and facilitators of good outcomes were summarized. This article provides an overview of the most up-to-date diagnostic practices and evidence-based intervention options. ..
- Clinical prognostic messages from a systematic review on cerebral palsy
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Institute, Sydney, Australia
Pediatrics 130:e1285-312. 2012
..To summarize evidence on the rates of co-occurring impairments, diseases, and functional limitations with cerebral palsy into succinct clinical messages...
- Effective home programme intervention for adults: a systematic review
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Institute, University of Notre Dame, School of Medicine, Darlinghurst NSW, Australia
Clin Rehabil 25:1066-85. 2011
..To summarize evidence on effective home programme intervention for adults and describe characteristics of successful home programmes...
- A special supplement: findings from the Australian Cerebral Palsy Register, birth years 1993 to 2006
Cerebral Palsy Alliance, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 58:5-10. 2016
..To briefly outline the strengths and limitations of cerebral palsy (CP) registers, and to report on findings of the Australian Cerebral Palsy Register (ACPR) pertaining to a population cohort of children with CP...
- Sensitivity and specificity of General Movements Assessment for diagnostic accuracy of detecting cerebral palsy early in an Australian context
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Institute, University of Notre Dame, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 52:54-9. 2016
- Parent experience of implementing effective home programs
Cerebral Palsy Institute, Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia
Phys Occup Ther Pediatr 31:198-213. 2011
..The findings suggest that parents experienced benefits using partnership home programs. Parents used these programs to help parent their child. Provision of ongoing support to parents was vital for motivation...
- Modified constraint-induced therapy for children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy: a randomized trial
Occupational Therapy Department, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 53:1091-9. 2011
..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of modified constraint-induced therapy compared with intensive occupational therapy on activities of daily living and upper limb outcomes in children with hemiplegic CP...
- Optimising motor learning in infants at high risk of cerebral palsy: a pilot study
School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame Australia, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
BMC Pediatr 15:30. 2015
- Cerebral palsy--don't delay
Cerebral Palsy Alliance, Research Institute, New South Wales, Australia
Dev Disabil Res Rev 17:114-29. 2011
..We recommend a shift away from referral for intervention following a formal (most often late) description of CP, to one of referral for intervention which occurs immediately once an infant is considered "at risk" of CP...
- Effectiveness of hand splints in children with cerebral palsy: a systematic review with meta-analysis
School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 56:138-47. 2014
..The aim of this review was to determine the effectiveness of hand splinting for improving hand function in children with cerebral palsy (CP) and brain injury...
- A systematic review of interventions for children with cerebral palsy: state of the evidence
Cerebral Palsy Alliance, Sydney, Australia University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 55:885-910. 2013
..The aim of this study was to describe systematically the best available intervention evidence for children with cerebral palsy (CP)...
- Predicting equipment needs of children with cerebral palsy using the Gross Motor Function Classification System: a cross-sectional study
Cerebral Palsy Institute, Sydney, Australia
Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol 7:30-6. 2012
..Children with cerebral palsy (CP) routinely use assistive equipment to improve their independence. Specialist equipment is expensive and therefore not always available to the child when needed...
- Consensus research priorities for cerebral palsy: a Delphi survey of consumers, researchers, and clinicians
Cerebral Palsy Institute, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 52:270-5. 2010
..Research funds for cerebral palsy are scarce and competition for them is strong. This study aimed to identify questions for future research that were agreed to be a high priority...
- General Movements Assessment of infants in the neonatal intensive care unit following surgery
Grace Centre for Newborn Care, The Children s Hospital Westmead, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 51:1007-11. 2015
..This paper aims to examine the GMs for infants who have undergone surgery to identify common risk profiles in the writhing age...
- A KT intervention including the evidence alert system to improve clinician's evidence-based practice behavior--a cluster randomized controlled trial
School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame Australia, corner Oxford Street and Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Implement Sci 8:132. 2013
..The study aim was to measure the effectiveness of a multifaceted KT intervention including a customized KT tool, to change EBP behavior, knowledge, and attitudes of AHPs...
- Effectiveness of functional hand splinting and the cognitive orientation to occupational performance (CO-OP) approach in children with cerebral palsy and brain injury: two randomised controlled trial protocols
University of Notre Dame, School of Medicine, Sydney, Australia
BMC Neurol 14:144. 2014
..The Cognitive Orientation to Occupational Performance (CO-OP) approach will be the task-specific training approach used...
- GAME (Goals - Activity - Motor Enrichment): protocol of a single blind randomised controlled trial of motor training, parent education and environmental enrichment for infants at high risk of cerebral palsy
School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame Australia, Frenchs Forest 2086, NSW, Australia
BMC Neurol 14:203. 2014
- The effect of education with workplace supports on practitioners' evidence-based practice knowledge and implementation behaviours
Cerebral Palsy Institute, School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame, Australia, Darlinghurst, NSW 1300, Australia
Aust Occup Ther J 57:386-93. 2010
..Individual and workplace barriers affect uptake of evidence-based practice (EBP). This study evaluated the effects of a 1-day workshop with workplace supports on allied health professionals' EBP knowledge and behaviour...
- Occupational therapy home programs for cerebral palsy: double-blind, randomized, controlled trial
Cerebral Palsy Institute, School of Medicine Sydney, University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney, Australia
Pediatrics 124:e606-14. 2009