Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Patient sex as moderator of effects of transference interpretation in a randomized controlled study of dynamic psychotherapyRandi Ulberg
Department of Psychiatry, Vinderen, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
Can J Psychiatry 54:78-86. 2009..To examine whether men and women respond differentially to brief dynamic psychotherapy, with or without transference interpretations...
- Relational interventions in psychotherapy: development of a therapy process rating scaleRandi Ulberg
Insititute of Clinical Medicine, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, University of Oslo, Box 85 Vinderen, 0319, Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 16:310. 2016..The aim of the present study was to develop a simple, not resource consuming rating tool for in-session process to be used when therapists' interventions focus on the patients' relationships outside therapy...
- Treatment of adolescents with depression: the effect of transference interventions in a randomized controlled study of dynamic psychotherapyRandi Ulberg
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Vinderen, PO Box 85 N 0319, Oslo, Norway
Trials 13:159. 2012..However, whether depressed adolescents profit most from psychodynamic psychotherapy with or without transference interventions has not been stated...
- Do gender and level of relational functioning influence the long-term treatment response in dynamic psychotherapy?Randi Ulberg
Department of Psychiatry, PO Box 85, Vinderen Diakonhjemmet Hospital, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 63:412-9. 2009..The present study focuses on whether there also is a sustained difference in treatment-response between those two subgroups...
- Women respond more favorably to transference intervention than men: a randomized study of long-term effectsRandi Ulberg
Research Unit, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Vestfold Hospital Trust, Tønsberg, Norway
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:223-9. 2012..The average relational functioning female patients showed a significant positive long-term effect of transference intervention...
- From submission to autonomy: approaching independent decision making. A single-case study in a randomized, controlled study of long-term effects of dynamic psychotherapyRandi Ulberg
Department of Psychiatry, Vestfold, Norway
Am J Psychother 63:227-43. 2009..These findings coincide well with the patient's sequential improvement: quick recovery from depression, increased insight, and followed by improved interpersonal functioning and less exploitability...
- The mediating role of insight for long-term improvements in psychodynamic therapyPaul Johansson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Vinderen, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:438-48. 2010..In this study, we performed a full mediational analysis to test whether insight gained during treatment mediates the long-term effects of transference interpretation in dynamic psychotherapy...
- Effects of transference work in the context of therapeutic alliance and quality of object relationsPer Høglend
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Norway
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:697-706. 2011..In this study, the interaction between quality of object relations, transference interpretation, and alliance is estimated...
- Transference interpretations in dynamic psychotherapy: do they really yield sustained effects?Per Høglend
Department of Psychiatry, Vinderen, University of Oslo, PO Box 85, Vinderen, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
Am J Psychiatry 165:763-71. 2008..Transference interpretation has remained a core ingredient in the psychodynamic tradition, despite limited empirical evidence for its effectiveness. In this study, the authors examined long-term effects of transference interpretations...
- Does Therapists' Disengaged Feelings Influence the Effect of Transference Work? A Study on CountertransferenceHanne Sofie Johnsen Dahl
Vestfold Hospital Trust, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Tønsberg, Norway
Clin Psychol Psychother . 2016..Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Long-term effects of analysis of the patient-therapist relationship in the context of patients' personality pathology and therapists' parental feelingsHanne Sofie J Dahl
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, University of Oslo
J Consult Clin Psychol 82:460-71. 2014..This study investigates long-term effects of relationship work in the context of patients' level of personality pathology and therapists' self-reported parental feelings...
- Change in self-protect ion and symptoms after dynamic psychotherapy: the influence of pretreatment motivationAlice Marble
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Norway
J Clin Psychol 67:355-67. 2011..Those with low motivation had a significant, positive, and long-term treatment effect of transference interpretation. Patients with low motivation showed a significant, negative effect of transference interpretation...
- The Effectiveness of Short- and Long-Term Psychodynamic Group Psychotherapy on Self-Concept: Three Years Follow-Up of a Randomized Clinical TrialSteinar Lorentzen
Institute of Clinical Medicine at the University of Oslo and the Department for Research and Development, Clinic for Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Int J Group Psychother 65:362-85. 2015..Patients with more serious self-neglect and harsh, punitive self-attack/self-blame may profit more in long-term than in short-term groups. ..
- Manual for Transference Work Scale; a micro-analytical tool for therapy process analysesRandi Ulberg
Research Unit, Division of Mental Health, Vestfold Hospital Trust, Tønsberg, 3125, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 14:291. 2014..TWS has sub scales that rate timing, content, and valence of the transference interventions, as well as response from the patient...