Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Self-reported health and use of health care services in long-term cancer survivorsCarina Nord
Department of Clinical Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 114:307-16. 2005..Further studies are needed to investigate the reasons for increased use of health care services and perceived poor health in cancer survivors...
- Physical activity in Hodgkin's lymphoma survivors with and without chronic fatigue compared with the general population - a cross-sectional studyLine M Oldervoll
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
BMC Cancer 7:210. 2007..The secondary objective was to compare these results with data from age and gender adjusted data from the general population (Gen-Pop)...
- The association between self-reported physical activity and prevalence of depression and anxiety disorder in long-term survivors of testicular cancer and men in a general population sampleLene Thorsen
Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Rehabilitation, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Support Care Cancer 13:637-46. 2005....
- Effectiveness of physical activity on cardiorespiratory fitness and health-related quality of life in young and middle-aged cancer patients shortly after chemotherapyLene Thorsen
Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Rehabilitation, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 23:2378-88. 2005....
- A systematic review of physical activity in prostate cancer survivors: outcomes, prevalence, and determinantsLene Thorsen
Department of Clinical Cancer Research, Division of Cancer Medicine and Radiotherapy, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Montebello, Oslo, Norway
Support Care Cancer 16:987-97. 2008..We reviewed physical activity (PA) studies in prostate cancer (PC) survivors investigating (a) the effects of PA on health outcomes, (b) the prevalence of PA, and (c) the determinants of PA...
- Effects of a 1-week inpatient course including information, physical activity, and group sessions for prostate cancer patientsGunhild Maria Gjerset
National Resource Center for Late Effects, Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital and University of Oslo, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, 0310, Oslo, Norway
J Cancer Educ 26:754-60. 2011....
- Exercise behavior in cancer survivors and associated factorsGunhild Maria Gjerset
National Resource Center for Late Effects, Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital and University of Oslo The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
J Cancer Surviv 5:35-43. 2011..We also identified medical and demographic factors associated with LPA and its changes...
- A randomized controlled trial on the effectiveness of strength training on clinical and muscle cellular outcomes in patients with prostate cancer during androgen deprivation therapy: rationale and designLene Thorsen
Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 12:123. 2012....
- Effects of strength training on body composition, physical functioning, and quality of life in prostate cancer patients during androgen deprivation therapyTormod S Nilsen
a Department of Physical Performance, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Oslo, Norway
Acta Oncol 54:1805-13. 2015..However, additional randomised controlled trials are needed to expand this knowledge...
- Cancer patients' needs for rehabilitation servicesLene Thorsen
National Resource Center for Late Effects, Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Oncol 50:212-22. 2011..To examine cancer patients' needs for rehabilitation services and factors associated with such needs, and secondly identify unmet needs for rehabilitation services and related factors...
- Lifestyles of cancer survivors attending an inpatient educational program-a cross-sectional studyGunhild M Gjerset
National Advisory Unit on Late Effects After Cancer Treatment, Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Support Care Cancer 24:1527-36. 2016....
- Effectiveness after 1 year of a short-term physical activity intervention on cardiorespiratory fitness in cancer patientsLene Thorsen
J Clin Oncol 25:1301-2. 2007