Line E Sverdrup
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Benzo(a)pyrene shows low toxicity to three species of terrestrial plants, two soil invertebrates, and soil-nitrifying bacteriaLine E Sverdrup
Department of Biology, University of Oslo, PO Box 1050 Blindern, NO 0316 Oslo, Norway
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 66:362-8. 2007..Compared to a number of other polycyclic aromatic compounds previously tested in the same soil type, BaP is generally less toxic...
- Studies on the effect of soil aging on the toxicity of pyrene and phenanthrene to a soil-dwelling springtailLine E Sverdrup
University of Oslo, Department of Biology, Norway
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:489-92. 2002..6%) in the test soil...
- Effects of eight polycyclic aromatic compounds on the survival and reproduction of Enchytraeus crypticus (Oligochaeta, Clitellata)Line E Sverdrup
University of Oslo, Department of Biology, Blindern, Norway
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:109-14. 2002..When compared with literature ecotoxicity data for a springtail (Folsomia fimetaria) tested in the same soil type, enchytraeids generally seem less sensitive...
- Soil ecotoxicity of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in relation to soil sorption, lipophilicity, and water solubilityLine E Sverdrup
Jordforsk Centre for Soil and Environmental Research, As, Norway
Environ Sci Technol 36:2429-35. 2002..The results provide important input to future model predictions of the ecological risk posed by PAH contaminated sites...
- Relative sensitivity of three terrestrial invertebrate tests to polycyclic aromatic compoundsLine E Sverdrup
Jordforsk Norwegian Centre for Soil and Environmental Research, As
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:1927-33. 2002..crypticus the least sensitive species. However, one substance (acridine) showed specific toxicity toward E. veneta, which was more sensitive than the two other species by more than one order of magnitude...
- Functional and community-level soil microbial responses to zinc addition may depend on test system biocomplexityLine E Sverdrup
Bioforsk Norwegian Centre for Soil and Environmental Research, NO 1432s, Norway
Chemosphere 65:1747-54. 2006..05). The effect of earthworm presence was not very large, but it does show that multispecies tests might give information about metal toxicity or bioavailability that cannot be predicted from single-species tests...
- Effects of the antibacterial agents tiamulin, olanquindox and metronidazole and the anthelmintic ivermectin on the soil invertebrate species Folsomia fimetaria (Collembola) and Enchytraeus crypticus (Enchytraeidae)John Jensen
Department of Terrestrial Ecology, National Environmental Research Institute, P O Box 314, Vejlsøvej 25, DK 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Chemosphere 50:437-43. 2003..However, indirect effects of antibacterial agents driven through changes in the food web cannot be abolished at this stage...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon ecotoxicity data for developing soil quality criteriaJohn Jensen
National Environmental Research Institute, Department of Terrestrial Ecology, P O Box 314, DK 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 179:73-97. 2003....
- Toxicity of the pesticide alpha-cypermethrin to four soil nontarget invertebrates and implications for risk assessmentThomas Hartnik
Biogorsk Soil and Evironment Division, As, Norway
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:1408-15. 2008..Mandatory incorporation of sublethal toxicity data will ensure that in regions with temperate climate, the effects of pesticides on populations of soil-living organisms are unlikely...