Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Psychosocial function in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: Relationship to neurocognition and clinical symptomsCarmen Simonsen
Psychosis Research Section, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 16:771-83. 2010..Despite differences in neurocognition and psychosocial function, groups showed the same pattern in prediction of functioning irrespective of DSM-IV or clinical definition...
- Neurocognitive dysfunction in bipolar and schizophrenia spectrum disorders depends on history of psychosis rather than diagnostic groupCarmen Simonsen
Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, 0317 Oslo, Norway
Schizophr Bull 37:73-83. 2011..We asked whether neurocognitive dysfunction in bipolar and schizophrenia spectrum disorders depends more on history of psychosis than diagnostic category or subtype...
- Neurocognitive profiles in bipolar I and bipolar II disorder: differences in pattern and magnitude of dysfunctionCarmen Simonsen
Department of Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, and Institute of Psychology, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Bipolar Disord 10:245-55. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine whether patients with bipolar I and bipolar II disorder have different neurocognitive profiles...
- Cannabis use and premorbid functioning as predictors of poorer neurocognition in schizophrenia spectrum disorderP Andreas Ringen
KG Jebsen Centre for Psychosis Research, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, N 0424 Oslo, Norway
Schizophr Res 143:84-9. 2013..We investigated the relation between cannabis use, determined by its presence in urine, and neurocognitive functioning in schizophrenia controlling for the potential bias of premorbid functioning...
- Using the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test to assess learning potential in normal IQ schizophrenia: does it have potential?Anja Vaskinn
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, and Oslo University Hospital, Aker, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 63:405-11. 2009..Learning potential, a dynamic multi-administration approach to assessment, is claimed to predict functional outcome in schizophrenia better than traditional single-administration neuropsychological tests...
- Can learning potential in schizophrenia be assessed with the standard CVLT-II? An exploratory studyAnja Vaskinn
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Norway
Scand J Psychol 49:179-86. 2008..This standard administration approach is a promising, time-saving alternative to the modified tests of learning potential used so far...
- Sex differences in neuropsychological performance and social functioning in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderAnja Vaskinn
Oslo University Hospital, Psychosis Research Unit, Oslo, Norway
Neuropsychology 25:499-510. 2011..To investigate sex differences in neurocognition and social functioning in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and the possible role of sex as a moderator of this relationship...
- Delusions are associated with poor cognitive insight in schizophreniaJohn A Engh
Section of Psychosis Research, Division of Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Schizophr Bull 36:830-5. 2010..The present findings suggest that delusions are associated with low cognitive insight, whereas solitary hallucinations may be associated with high cognitive insight...
- Verbal learning contributes to cognitive insight in schizophrenia independently of affective and psychotic symptomsJohn A Engh
Psychosis Research Unit, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo, Norway
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:1059-63. 2011..We examined the relationship between cognitive insight and neurocognition, as well as the contribution of neurocognition in explaining cognitive insight...
- Neurocognitive functioning and suicidality in schizophrenia spectrum disordersElizabeth A Barrett
Department of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Compr Psychiatry 52:156-63. 2011....
- Validation of the Norwegian version of the Social Functioning Scale (SFS) for schizophrenia and bipolar disorderTone Hellvin
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Oslo University Hospital Ulleval, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Psychol 51:525-33. 2010..Thus, SFS adds valuable information as a supplement to standard clinician-rated assessment tools of social functioning, suited both for research and clinical work...
- Emotion perception and learning potential: mediators between neurocognition and social problem-solving in schizophrenia?Anja Vaskinn
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 14:279-88. 2008....
- Neurocognitive functioning in patients recently diagnosed with bipolar disorderTone Hellvin
Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Bipolar Disord 14:227-38. 2012..In this study we compare neurocognitive function in a cohort of first-contact mania patients with a healthy control group matched for age, gender, and education...
- Apathy is associated with executive functioning in first episode psychosisAnn Faerden
Ulleval University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 9:1. 2009....
- The level of cardiovascular risk factors in bipolar disorder equals that of schizophrenia: a comparative studyAstrid B Birkenaes
Division of Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Psychiatry 68:917-23. 2007..It also compares the prevalence of risk factors in each diagnostic group with the general population...
- History of psychosis and previous episodes as potential explanatory factors for neurocognitive impairment in first-treatment bipolar I disorderChristine Demmo
NORMENT KG Jebsen Centre for Psychosis Research, Oslo University Hospital and Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Bipolar Disord 18:136-47. 2016....
- Serum level of venlafaxine is associated with better memory in psychotic disordersNils Eiel Steen
NORMENT, KG Jebsen Centre for Psychosis Research, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, and Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, PO Box 4956, Nydalen, 0424, Oslo, Norway Drammen District Psychiatric Center, Clinic of Mental Health and Addiction, Vestre Viken Hospital Trust, 3004 Drammen, Norway Electronic address
Schizophr Res 169:386-92. 2015..However, the current findings should be replicated in independent samples. ..