L A Rosseland
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Changes in blood pressure and cardiac output during cesarean delivery: the effects of oxytocin and carbetocin compared with placeboLeiv Arne Rosseland
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Anesthesiology 119:541-51. 2013..The authors analyzed the effects of i.v. oxytocin 5 U, carbetocin 100 µg, and placebo on hemodynamics, uterine tone, adverse events, and blood loss after Cesarean delivery...
- Percutaneous dilatational tracheotomy in intensive care unit patients with increased bleeding risk or obesity. A prospective analysis of 1000 proceduresLeiv Arne Rosseland
Division of Emergencies and Critical Care, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 55:835-41. 2011..In this prospective study of 1000 PTs, we have investigated whether such patient characteristics were associated with an increased procedural risk...
- Monitoring urinary bladder volume and detecting post-operative urinary retention in children with an ultrasound scannerL A Rosseland
Department of Anaesthesiology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1456-9. 2005..The prevention of PUR by routine catheterization may increase the risk of urinary tract infection. Post-operative monitoring of the bladder volume is a reliable method in adults, but has not been evaluated for reliability in children...
- Pain and disability 1 year after knee arthroscopic proceduresL A Rosseland
Division of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:332-7. 2008..Its prevalence after knee arthroscopy is unknown. We conducted a follow-up of knee arthroscopy patients. The aims were to estimate the prevalence of pain at rest and during activity 1 year after knee arthroscopy...
- Haemodynamic effects of repeated doses of oxytocin during Caesarean delivery in healthy parturientsE Langesaeter
Division of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Br J Anaesth 103:260-2. 2009..We studied the haemodynamic effects of two repeated doses of oxytocin i.v. in 20 healthy women during spinal anaesthesia for Caesarean delivery...
- Regional anaesthesia for a Caesarean section in women with cardiac disease: a prospective studyE Langesaeter
Division of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 54:46-54. 2010..The aim was to analyse and present the mode of delivery, outcome, and haemodynamic changes during a caesarean section under regional anaesthesia in women with cardiac disease...
- Haemodynamic effects of oxytocin in women with severe preeclampsiaE Langesæter
Division of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Int J Obstet Anesth 20:26-9. 2011..We investigated the haemodynamic effects of oxytocin in women with severe preeclampsia using invasive haemodynamic monitoring...
- Hemodynamic effects of oxytocin during cesarean deliveryE Langesaeter
Department of Anesthesiology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:46-7. 2006
- Assessment of painH Breivik
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Br J Anaesth 101:17-24. 2008..Several disease- and patient-specific functional scales are useful, such as the Western Ontario and MacMaster Universities for osteoarthritis, and several neuropathic pain screening tools. The Initiative on..
- Effective pain relief from intra-articular saline with or without morphine 2 mg in patients with moderate-to-severe pain after knee arthroscopy: a randomized, double-blind controlled clinical studyL A Rosseland
Department of Anaesthesiology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 47:732-8. 2003..This obviously is a confounding factor, reducing assay sensitivity when all patients are included in IA morphine studies...
- Paratracheal placement of orotracheal tube: a complication when aborting percutaneous tracheotomyAndreas Espinoza
Division of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 55:897-8. 2011..Importantly, there is a risk for the ET to exit an incision in the trachea when reintubating during a PT procedure, or after decannulation. This can be prevented using digital occlusion of the tracheal opening...
- Changes in pulmonary function during pregnancy: a longitudinal cohort studyG Grindheim
Department of Anaesthesiology, Division of Critical Care, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, and Department of Physiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
BJOG 119:94-101. 2012..To record any physiological changes in lung function during healthy pregnancies, and evaluate the influence of parity, pregestational overweight, and excessive weight gain...
- Detecting postoperative urinary retention with an ultrasound scannerL A Rosseland
Department of Anesthesia, Lillehammer Hospital, Lillehammer, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:279-82. 2002..Prevention of urinary retention by insertion of indwelling catheter may increase the risk of urinary infection. We have performed a reliability test of an ultrasound scanner, implemented in the postoperative monitoring equipment...