- Chemotherapy in metastatic renal cell cancer
Department of Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy, The Norwegian Radium University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
World J Urol 23:175-9. 2005
..There is a great need to develop effective systemic therapy for advanced MRCC and to evaluate the efficacy of new drugs in clinical trials...
- [Treatment of hormone-resistant prostate cancer]
Fagområde stråleterapi, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet, Montebello, 0310 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:2798-801. 2006
..The survival of future patients with such cancer is expected to improve if multidisciplinary health care teams with knowledge of prostate cancer tumour biology administer new treatments...
- [Biology and treatment options during the development of prostate cancer]
Avdeling for medikamentell onkologi, og stråleterapi, Radiumhospitalet, 0310 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:571-4. 2005
..Compelling evidence indicates that environmental and life-style factors, in addition to well-known risk factors such as testosterone level and age, are important for the development of prostate cancer...
- Disseminated tumor cells in bone marrow following definitive radiotherapy for intermediate or high-risk prostate cancer
Norwegian Radium Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Prostate 68:1607-14. 2008
- [High dose rate brachytherapy in prostate cancer in Norway]
Nils Kristian Raabe
Kreftklinikken, Fagområdet onkologi, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:1275-8. 2008
..This article presents a study of the first 100 patients in Norway with localized/locally advanced prostate cancer treated with high dose-rate brachytherapy combined with external radiotherapy...
- Fertility issues in patients with prostate cancer
Eivind A Steinsvik
The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Cancer Clinic, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
BJU Int 102:793-5. 2008
..To describe fertility issues, only rarely discussed with patients with prostate cancer, although paternity after treatment might be an important component of quality of life for some, as exemplified by two of our patients...
- Diagnosis and treatment of primary signet-ring cell carcinoma of the prostate
Acta Oncol 46:1195-7. 2007
- 10-year survival and quality of life in patients with high-risk pN0 prostate cancer following definitive radiotherapy
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1074-83. 2007
- Impact of disseminated tumor cells in bone marrow at diagnosis in patients with nonmetastatic prostate cancer treated by definitive radiotherapy
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 120:1603-9. 2007
..In conclusion our study shows that presence of DTCs in BM at diagnosis was associated with the histological differentiation of the primary tumor and an increased risk of developing distant metastases after RT...
- Simultaneous bilateral breast carcinomas: a category with frequent coexpression of HER-2 and ER-alpha, high Ki-67 and bcl-2, and low p53
Assia V Bassarova
Department of Pathology, Alexander University Hospital, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria
Int J Surg Pathol 13:239-46. 2005
..However, in patients with atypical medullary carcinoma there was no expression of ER-alpha or amplification of Her-2...
- Differential expression of steroid receptors in prostate tissues before and after radiation therapy for prostatic adenocarcinoma
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 117:381-6. 2005
..Although stromal AR was doubled after RT, the tumor and benign epithelium expression of AR seemed resistant to change by RT...
- Definitive radiotherapy of prostate cancer: the possible role of staging lymphadenectomy
Sophie D Fossa
Department of Clinical Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:33-41. 2003
..To evaluate the postradiotherapy 5-year cancer-specific (CSS), clinical progression-free (cPFS), and overall (OS) survival rates in patients with pN0 M0 prostate cancer (PC)...
- Changes in treatment volume of hormonally treated and untreated cancerous prostate and its impact on rectal dose
Department of Medical Oncology Radiotherapy, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Oncol 42:10-4. 2003
..However, the mean beneficial sparing of rectal volume was outweighed in some patients by considerable inter-patient variations...
- The prognostic impact of cytokeratin-positive cells in bone marrow of patients with localized prostate cancer
Department of Oncology Radiotherapy, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello, Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 103:91-6. 2003
..Although this association was not retained in multivariate analysis, our observations indicate that the presence of CK+ cells after local therapy define a group of patients that have a high risk of developing distant metastases...
- Prostate carcinoma expression of estrogen receptor-beta as detected by PPG5/10 antibody has positive association with primary Gleason grade and Gleason score
Department of Pathology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hum Pathol 33:646-51. 2002
..Our findings suggest that ER-beta, as detected by PPG5/10 antibody, may have a role in the process of dedifferentiation of prostate adenocarcinomas, with higher levels present in less differentiated tumors...
- Independent prognostic significance of HER-2 oncoprotein expression in pN0 prostate cancer undergoing curative radiotherapy
Department of Immunology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 99:100-5. 2002