- A computer program to simulate multilocus genotype data with spatially autocorrelated allele frequencies
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis Department of Biology, University of Oslo, PO Box 1066 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo Norway
Mol Ecol Resour 9:1112-20. 2009
..The model and program are new and have been embedded in the R package Geneland, for user convenience and compliance with existing data formats...
- Population substructure in Finland and Sweden revealed by the use of spatial coordinates and a small number of unlinked autosomal SNPs
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
BMC Genet 9:54. 2008
..However, some studies have suggested that this number could be reduced if the individual spatial coordinates are taken into account in the analysis...
- Analysing georeferenced population genetics data with Geneland: a new algorithm to deal with null alleles and a friendly graphical user interface
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, P O Box 1066 Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway
Bioinformatics 24:1406-7. 2008
..We show by simulations that the presence of null alleles can affect the accuracy of inferences if not properly accounted for and that our algorithm improve signficantly their accuracy...
- Inference of structure in subdivided populations at low levels of genetic differentiation--the correlated allele frequencies model revisited
Department of Biology, Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, University of Oslo, P O Box 1066 Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway
Bioinformatics 24:2222-8. 2008
..Under this model, various problems of inference are considered, in particular the common and difficult, but still unaddressed, situation where the number of populations is unknown...
- Correcting for ascertainment bias in the inference of population structure
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, P O Box 1066, Blindern 0316, Oslo, Norway
Bioinformatics 25:552-4. 2009
..Attempting to model this censoring process in view of making inference of population structure (i.e.identifying clusters of individuals) brings up challenging numerical difficulties...
- On the inference of spatial structure from population genetics data
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, P O Box 1066, Blindern 0316, Oslo Norway
Bioinformatics 25:1796-801. 2009
..The present article is an investigation of the accuracy of this method and an attempt to assess whether recent results reported on the basis of this method are genuine features of the genetic process or artefacts of the method...
- A spatial statistical model for landscape genetics
Unité de Mathématiques et Informatique Appliquées, INRA INAPG ENGREF, Paris, France 75231
Genetics 170:1261-80. 2005
..g., FST<0.05). The method is then applied to a set of 88 individuals of wolverines (Gulo gulo) sampled in the northwestern United States and genotyped at 10 microsatellites...
- Bayesian clustering using hidden Markov random fields in spatial population genetics
TIMC, TIMB Department of Mathematical Biology, La Tronche, France
Genetics 174:805-16. 2006
..We illustrate and discuss the implementation issues with the Scandinavian brown bear and the human CEPH diversity panel data set...
- Discrimination and scoring using small sets of genes for two-sample microarray data
INRA, Applied Mathematics Department, Paris, France
Math Biosci 205:195-203. 2007
..The computer code that we developed to make computations is available as an R package...