Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Suicide or accident? A psychological autopsy study of suicide in youths under the age of 16 compared to deaths labeled as accidentsAnne Freuchen
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, N 0316, Oslo, Norway
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 6:30. 2012..abstract:..
- The impact of ADHD symptoms and global impairment in childhood on working disability in mid-adulthood: a 28-year follow-up study using official disability pension records in a high-risk in-patient populationMarianne Mordre
Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, PO Box 4959, Nydalen 0424, Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 12:174. 2012....
- Differences between children and adolescents who commit suicide and their peers: A psychological autopsy of suicide victims compared to accident victims and a community sampleAnne Freuchen
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 6:1. 2012..abstract:..
- Examination of the cut-off scores determined by the Ages and Stages Questionnaire in a population-based sample of 6 month-old Norwegian infantsAstrid Alvik
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
BMC Pediatr 11:117. 2011..The aim of the study was to investigate performance on the ASQ in a population-based sample of 6-month-old infants...
- Motor function may differentiate attention deficit hyperactivity disorder from early onset bipolar disorderAnne H Udal
Department of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Sorlandet Hospital, PO Box 605 4809 Arendal, Norway
Behav Brain Funct 5:47. 2009..Here we assess the diagnostic accuracy of neuromotor deviations in differentiating ADHD from BD in clinical practice. We also investigate if these deviations exist in concurrent ADHD and BD, thus indicating true comorbidity..
- The impact of ADHD and conduct disorder in childhood on adult delinquency: a 30 years follow-up study using official crime recordsMarianne Mordre
Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 11:57. 2011..Of special interest was the impact of disturbance of activity and attention (ADHD) and mixed disorder of conduct and emotions on later delinquency, as these disorders have been variously associated with delinquent development...
- [Drug treatment of depression in children and adolescents]Berit Grøholt
Institutt for klinisk medisin, Universitetet i Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 131:2243-5. 2011..Fluoxetine is the first choice for depression. If it is not effective, a switch to another SSRI may prove effective. SSRIs are found to be more efficacious in adolescents than in children...
- Prognosis after adolescent suicide attempt: mental health, psychiatric treatment, and suicide attempts in a nine-year follow-up studyBerit Groholt
Institute for Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Norway
Suicide Life Threat Behav 39:125-36. 2009..At follow-up, repeated suicide attempts were found in 44% of the sample, and half of those had an affective or personality disorder...
- Adolescent suicide attempters: what predicts future suicidal acts?Berit Groholt
Sogn Centre for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Oslo, Norway
Suicide Life Threat Behav 36:638-50. 2006..Prediction on an individual level was difficult. Since almost half repeated a suicidal act, the best strategy is to evaluate all adolescent suicide attempters thoroughly and provide treatment as needed...
- Suicidal and nonsuicidal adolescents: different factors contribute to self-esteemBerit Grøholt
Sogn Centre for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Oslo, Norway
Suicide Life Threat Behav 35:525-35. 2005..Loneliness and self-concept stability related differently to self-esteem in suicidal and nonsuicidal adolescents. When the aim is to enhance self-esteem, this difference may delineate suicidal subgroups that need special interventions...
- Intoxicants and suicidal behaviour among adolescents: changes in levels and associations from 1992 to 2002Ingeborg Rossow
Norwegian Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research, Oslo, Norway
Addiction 100:79-88. 2005..To assess whether a substantial increase in substance use over a 10-year period has had an impact on the level of, or associations with, non-fatal suicidal behaviour among Norwegian teenagers...
- The use of lithium, valproate or lamotrigine for psychiatric conditions in children and adolescents in Norway 2004-2007 - a prescription database studyJørgen G Bramness
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology, Division of Epidemiology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, NO 0881 Oslo, Norway
J Affect Disord 117:208-11. 2009..Our study aimed to explore how common the use of lithium, valproate and lamotrigine in psychiatric conditions in children and adolescents in Norway and to describe concomitant use of other psychotropic drugs...
- Self-reported strengths and difficulties in a large Norwegian population 10-19 years : age and gender specific results of the extended SDQ-questionnaireBetty van Roy
University in Oslo, Institute of Psychiatry, PB 1076, Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:189-98. 2006..7% of the sample was defined as a high risk group, while 8.8% needed special attention from mental health services. The results also suggested that SDQ could be a valuable screening instrument for older adolescents...
- Suicide in young people under 15 years: problems of classificationBerit Grøholt
Centre for Child and Adolescent Psychiarty, Oslo, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 57:411-7. 2003..Although under-classification of suicide in the very young is a well-known problem, our hypothesis was that accidents might wrongly be classified as suicides, leading to over-classification. This may more easily occur in the very young...
- Prevalence and characteristics of significant social anxiety in children aged 8-13 years: a Norwegian cross-sectional population studyBetty van Roy
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, PB 1078 Blindern, Oslo 0316, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:407-15. 2009..The spectrum of social anxiety is explored by comparing children with different levels of social anxiety, as defined by 1-2 versus 3-5 social situations feared...
- Understanding discrepancies in parent-child reporting of emotional and behavioural problems: Effects of relational and socio-demographic factorsBetty van Roy
University of Oslo, Institute of Psychiatry, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 10:56. 2010..The interrelationship between relational aspects and socio-demographic factors with patterns of disagreement are explored...
- Alcohol consumption before and during pregnancy comparing concurrent and retrospective reportsAstrid Alvik
Sogn Centre for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:510-5. 2006..In a longitudinal, population-based questionnaire study, we investigated whether these findings could be replicated...